I need help with this, is this a STD?

Posted , 1 user is following.

hello! Please I need your help.

I had sex during the weekend and was sore after it but thought it was normal. After a few days, the pain didn't subside and it started becoming itchy. I thought it could be a yeast infection, as I have experienced it before, but checked myself in the mirror and it looks completely different. I decided to go to the doctor on Wednesday, he discarded herpes and said it could be an injury from sex (which was a bit rough) that needed to heal and said I should be ok in a couple of days.

He gave me a Fluconazole (which I took) and also took some swaps for candida and herpes to be sure (results pending).

The thing is, I can see the "injury" is progressing and becoming bigger. please look at the pictures and notice the skin in the posterior part of my labia, its getting bigger and its sore to the touch. Inside, it looks gnarly. Let me know what you think.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

got the swab tests back. It is herpes in the end, Type 2. Hope this case (specially the images) helps as a reference for someone else too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.