I need helping getting rid of bv!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

im 19 and ive had bv for over a year now! since its 2020 now im hoping more girls have found new ways of getting rid of bv?! boric acid suppositories have worked the best but not completely! I've tried doing sea salt water soaks and sea salt tampons but i didnt see a difference, maybe i didn't do it long enough? if that worked for you, how long did you do it for? i also tried pouring acv and nope! tried taking oregano pills, vitamin D and a 50 billion probiotic and i saw no difference, has anyone purchased the 90 billion ones? i also started taking acidophilus tablets but i havent been consistent with them, i heard goldenseal tablets worked, heard about a vitamin C method, also drinking 3 cups a day of warm water with lemon? has anyone tried that??? i gave lots of examples of remedies if youre struggling as well, just do deeper research in them and hopefully it helps you but if there's anything new let me know girl!!! because i want to get rid of this ): i definitely don't feel myself and want this gone! its so frustrating! (oh and ive taken antibiotic several times already but i did not see a difference, i know theres different kinds, but from what ive read, it doesnt help)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

I never tried boric acid as some women said they bled from using it. I couldn't take that chance lol. I also tried different probiotics and vitamins that would stop it temporarily but it would come back. My main issue with BV is the excessive discharge. To keep it under control, I changed how I ate completely. More water, More raw fruits and more vegetables. Making sure I get my daily exercising in. I cut down on sugar and processed foods. I also do vaginal detoxes using GoddessDetox Pearls from. Best decision I ever made! I detox about every 2 months or after my period if I feel I need one, because my period throws my ph balance off. I also use FEMMMAGIC vagelixir oil. I started out inserting 1ml of it 2 times daily in my vagina, then gradually decreased usage. It is strong so it could cause some discomfort. Too much of it can be an issue as well so I listened to my body and adjusted as needed. I now only use it for my vulva and internally when I do my detox with the pearl. It has helped tremendously!! It is made up of natural oils that fight BV and Yeast infections. Be sure to check the ingredients so you know what is in it. I have been dealing with BV since 2017. The antibiotics from the doctor destroy both bad and good bacteria which causes you to keep getting it or not getting rid of it.

• Posted

I really do think the boric acid suppositories help! you just really have to get them far up in there! I've heard more positive than negative reviews on them! What vitamins and probiotics have you took? I was taking a 50 billion one, but im thinking of getting the 90 billion, but they're pretty expensive ): just dont want to buy them if its going to be the same thing as taking a 50 billion one. I have also not been eating the healthiest, specially now with the quarantine happening! Ive been at home eating so many snacks! Since Ive had it for almost a year I used to eat very healthy and drink lots of water, but I did not see any difference, but I'm sure in doing so it well help, so I'll definitely start watching what I eat! Ive actually looked into the pearls and have always been super skeptical about it, but im really glad you brought it up! I'll definitely be looking more into that, thank you so much!!! I really appreciate it!

• Edited

I do too! However I am very sensitive and at the time I wouldn't have access to a doctor if things went left lol. So that was going to be my last option. The probiotics I were taking included 25 billion. I realized that actually was not enough and went up to 50 billion. When that stopped working for me, I started using the kind that needs refrigeration because apparently refrigerated probiotics were best lol. It worked for a while but then I started to notice I would need to take more just for my discharge to calm down. Eventually I stopped taking it. I then went on to take a probiotic which was a horse pill lol!!! I was taking that, Vitamin D3 , Vitamin C 1000 with rose hips at the time. It helped a bit. The Vitamin D3 helped alot and I continue to take that. I continue to take Vitamin C1000 with rosehips for my immune system but as far as the rest, I stopped taking all together. I changed how I ate and realized I'm going to have to go real life internally to get this issue solved! That is when I stumbled across the pearl and the exlir. BV what? is the mood now. I understand that as well! With this quarantine it will be difficult! Keep going and work with what you have until you can get the other products! I hope you are able to get rid of it or at least calm the symptoms down tremendously!!

Moderator comment: I have removed product/company names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

• Edited

Dear Leslie,

Sounds like you've raided almost the entire cupboard of BV treatments. It must be very frustrating. There are two treatments, one currently available that you haven't mentioned (and not tried?) and maybe one in the future that may offer some hope for you and the many thousands of other women with recurrent BV.

Have you tried dequalinium (Fluomizin) pessaries? It's an antiseptic/disinfectant with antimicrobial properties that's been used in treating recurrent BV. The usual dose of Dequalinium (Fluomizin®) 10mg vaginal tablets is 1 tablet each day (vaginally) for 6 days and repeated as necessary. It's usually given in conjunction with metronidazole but can be used on its own. I'm afraid you'll need to see your GP or attend a GU clinic to get a prescription. It's pretty cheap, so I don't think your GP will kick up a fuss if you want to give it a try.

In the future, there may be the prospect of vaginal flora transplants for recurrent BV, in much the same way that patients with inflammatory bowel disease can have their condition improved with gut flora 'transplanted' from healthy donors. You can read more about this here,

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-019-0600-6

and a more easily digestible piece in the Guardian (Oct 2019) here,

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/oct/07/vaginal-fluid-transplants-could-cure-bacterial-vaginosis

Rgds,

Adhari

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.