I need info on How to care for Bartbolin cyst once it pops

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 35 and have just gotten my first Bratholin cyst it was in pain for 4 day then popped it s till hurts a little and I was wandering what to do to treat it once it has completely drained

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hey Tamara,

First things first. They usually only get like that and pop when they get infected. Make sure you get antibiotics. Secondly, clean and care is as followed:

Items required - sitx bath tub (get from any drug store), epsonsalts and a towel.

Start off by placing the Sitz bath tub into into the toilet. They're designed so that the overflow drains into the toilet. 

place warm water in the site bath tub with epsonsalts. you place you're vaginal area in there and get soak it for 15 minutes. You'll find the water will get chilly before then. This is where the bag and tube come in handy. you'll fill the bag up with hot water and hang it somewheere high. maybe off a counter or something, when the water in the site tub get coll you will slowly warm it with the hot water from the bag to keep it at a warm temperature. 

Once 15-20 min has passed. dry yourself off, clean up the mess and repeat at least twice daily. they recommend 3 times daily but i did twice based off my work schedule.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.