I need my injection more frequently.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am having problems with my Dr. I have been having my b12 injection on a 10 weekly term now my Dr has changed it too 12 weekly. I get my symptoms of fatigue aching dizziness pins and needles in my hands and confusion at around 8/9 weeks. Surely i should be given my injection before any of my symptoms reacur I get so frustrated with my Dr I'm even thinking about being referred to a haematology dept at the hospital as I've read up the pins and needles and numbness in my hands can be the neurological side of pernious anemia and that my injection should be on a 8 weekly basis. Does anyone else have problems with this as well meaning there Dr is making them wait 12 weeks for their injection and that they get terrible pins and needles as well. Thanks Julie

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

has your doctor said why he has changed it to twelve weeks?  Many docs work on the "one size fits all basis" in stead of looking at us as individuals.  You will get a lot of help on what to tell your doc if you look at the Pernicious Anaemia Society web site.

hope you get the help you need.

• Posted

Thank u isobel my nurse has told me he only insists on 12 weekly as it's apparently a regestured drug and HAS to be administered 12 weekly which I do believe is a load of rubbish.
  • Posted

Hi Jules You need to be persistent with you GP and, if necessary, refer him/her to the Pernicious Anemia website.  This is run by eminent doctors and is very informative.  My GP has now agreed to 8 weekly injections and I am coping much better.  Good luck and keep up the pressure for more frequent injections.
    • Posted

Thank you I shall be putting the pressure on him when he rings me back later.
  • Posted

Jules,

i too have numbness and pins/needles in both hands - mostly at night.  But I've found a way to stop it, which is by hanging my arm down out of bed.  The problem is gone after 2-3 minutes.  But my Dr has agreed to see me again tomorrow so if he changes my 12 wkly routine I'll get back to you.

i have no other symptoms/ problems at all though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.