I need my life back.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been struggling for months now. In and out of ERS and so many tests.

I have near constant Shortness of Breath. I have had 3 EKGS, and 4-5 chest x rays. Nothing is wrong, my Oxygen levels are 98-100. But most of each day i feel like i cant get a deep breath. Tightness in right side.

My doctor said its Anxiety. Im on day 16 of AD. I had some short term Lorazapam that helped aleviate symptoms, but i am out of them.

I had a colonoscopy yesterday, all clear. I have a CT scan today of my upper body.

I am 30, and have never smoked. All the doctors i see keep telling me i am super healthy, my blood work is great, but i cant keep feeling like i cant breath, it is so debilitating.

Im hoping it is anxiety, and a clear CT scan will put my mind at ease. But im so so scared.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Steve, have a look at my post history, I have had issues in the past where I feel as though I can't get a full breath, have to yawn or breath deeply a number of times to catch a 'good breath' if you know what I mean,

i solved the issue by doing 5 things,

It could be anyone of these 5 things but I don't want to narrow it down incase I get it back,

breathing slowly through the nose (buteyko breathing techniques).. have a read of the others in the other post in my history.

taking magnesium tablets before bed

Reduced my exercise, and breath through the nose when you are excercising.

open window when sleeping

Stop eating as much chocolate..

The breathing technique sucks at first but I swear by that and the magnesium atleast!

cheers!

• Posted

Thanks, i have magnesium so ill start taking it at home. Its been hard to work up the nerve to do anything physical lately, but ill try to exercise with my nose breathing. When i do nose breath it does calm me down a bit ,but it seems constant this air hunger. I dont eat chocholate, and have had the window open at night ( i like it cold).

I had a colonoscopy (My father died from it colon cancer, i was clear) i had a cat scan last night to rule out any tumors elsewhere in my body (My mom died of ovarian cancer that had met'd to her lungs) i get those results soon. I have had 4 clear x rays and my GP is sue the CT scan will be clear too, maybe then my mind will calm down if this is all just my health anxiety scaring me constantly.

I have some lorazapam when i am having a bad fit of air hunger, and it seems to calm me down, but i A) dont want to be on benzos forever b) it doesnt make it go away for good, just calm it temporarily. Im on an AD and hopefully that starts to work soon

• Posted

I'm sorry you are going through all this! Lung problems are terrible! Mine started in November of 2015. I had just turned 35 and I had never smoked and led an active lifestyle. I was initially diagnosed with bronchitis and then low grade pneumonia but they both went away and doctors performed test after test telling me I was in perfect health with normal oxygen levels....Perfect health except for the fact that I couldn't get a deep breath. I was yawning constantly and could barely function for 5 months. It was devastating and truthfully, I thought I might not live another year.

I had never had a doctor before this time because even though I was 35, I'd always been in really good health. When the doctor I had found when I got sick indicated she didn't believe me, I found a new doctor. I spent 35 years breathing just fine and I knew what it meant to breath normally! I wasn't crazy or something. The new doctor was much nicer and more thorough. She had my ANA levels tested. They are indicators of autoimmune diseases like Lupus. My ANA levels were high but not lupus high. Borderline. So now, I don't know. I have had some other symptoms that might be lupus related too since then. I have also had a few breathing problems since and I have found taking Advil for a few days helps. I am also really low on Vit D and B12, so I take those. 

I wish I could give you some perfect piece of advice but I don't have that. Still, I would reccomend Advil and getting your ANA levels checked. I wish you the best!

• Posted

CT scan, negative. Colonoscopy, negative.

Breathing has improved, but now i have a tightness in my throat/front of neck. (Which also apperently can be anxiety).

But ill mention it to my doctor has he wants to meet to discuss my Anti-depressants (3 weeks in). I will ask for ANA and thyroid tests i guess.

I am starting to think its Anxiety, but that i need a higher dosage of anti deppresants as im only at 10mg, and most people need 20mg to see any difference.

Ill keep you posted. Ive also started counselling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.