I need POSITIVE REVIEWS of Zyprexa! Please ONLY Positive Reviews.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi every one, I'm New. I have bipolar disorder, and I've been suffering from horrible anxiety, racing thoughts, I'm extremely agitated and on edge constantly, and I can't calm down or focus to do anything. It's been going on for awhile and I need some relief from all of this!

My new Dr just prescribed Zyprexa, it's one of the few meds I've never tried. Of course almost all of the reviews I see are negative.

And we all know meds affect everyone differently, I know weight gain is a side effect and my weight is already something I struggle with so I'm definitely not thrilled about that. But, I feel that this med might be what I need after trying a lot of others and still having these issues.

I've read enough bad reviews, I need some good ones and some input on if it is possible to avoid the weight gain? If so how have you been able to? I need to lose about 30-40 pounds so I need to somehow still be able to do that with diet & exercise. She did mention adding glucofauge to help.

I'm being started on 2.5mg, half to start with and she said to take another half if needed up to 2 pills (5mg) depending on how it's working for me.

I'm also on 120mg/day (60mg/twice per day) of geodon and 250mg lamictal

She plans on decreasing the geodon and slowly replacing it with the zyprexa if all goes well.

I've heard some good things about zyprexa helping immensely with the symptoms I'm having and I need the help!

PLEASE ONLY GOOD REVIEWS.

Like I said I've seen enough of the bad, I know it must be heping some people and I want to hear from those people.

Thank you 😊

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Christina

Medications are not a soap or shampoo.

Some drugs may be really good for you or may not work. Everyone has a different makeup so recommendations are all hypothetical.

Talk to your GP and hopefully a wise decision will be made

• Posted

Thank you for the response and I completely understand that. That's why I'm trying not to let the bad reviews scare me and taking them with a grain of salt.

I guess it would just make me feel more at ease with knowing some people have had a good experience with it.

Just looking for any positive feedback right now because at this moment I am feeling helpless, but I'm trying to remain positive and I'm anxious to give the medication a try. I'm hoping to pick it up today after a minor insurance issue has caused a delay.

Thanks 😊

• Posted

You need to see how it goes

In my case it took a really long time to sort things out because I was taking other medications including Opiates, a drug cocktail can also muddy the waters.

Many of AD drugs are very much the same although different, be willing to give everything a chance to work upwars of four to six weeks. At four weeks there may be a review of your medication (s). When they see you they may set the dose higher at that time when they know if their are any or none side effects.

BOB

• Posted

Anyone?
    • Posted

Hi Christina.

I started taking Zyprexa after antidepressants caused me to have a hypomanic mixed episode and here’s one thing I can tell you: it did what it was supposed to do. It was meant to take me down off of those highs I was experiencing, and that’s what it did.

Granted, I was dealing with euphoric highs rather than anxiety, but if you need something to take you down Zyprexa will most likely do that for you. It may take a few dose adjustment and some time, but I would definitely give it a chance.

I hope I helped a little. Best of luck. Cheers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.