I NEED RELIEF HELP!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had pain since last Saturday. I found out I have genital herpes yesterday. The cuts and lesions seem to worsen every single day. And today I've just had enough.....I've went in chlorine water and taken warm baths but both seemed to make it hurt way more. My doctor said no creams while on antibiotics but those aren't even helping. I need some type of home remedie to relieve the stingy aching pain sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

he probably meant no antibiotic cream. If he meant no cream at all, he's an idiot, sorry to be blunt. There are a few that you could use to ease the pain or at least the itching. The diaper rash type creams are a good choice. Some use petroleum jelly too. I liked both but the zinc oxyde one is better because it's not humid and you want the area to be as dry as possible. Good luck, it'll be over soon. None will interfere with the meds, who, btw, once the outbreak is there, can't do much to help.

• Posted

Thank you....I figured my doctor was wrong. I don't know much about what people take , so this info helped.

• Posted

warm baths with epsom salts with help too. It will sting a bit afterwards but it helps clean the "wounds" and dry them somehow. Peeing in the bath helps too. It's less painfull and the urine won't irritate the sore.  if you have type 2, you can ask for daily suppressant. Those meds with help prevent a lot of outbreaks. With type one, it's not really useful.

• Posted

Thank you I will try that! By any chance do you know which one type is worse? 1 or 2? I have 2, just found out this morning.
    • Posted

HSV2 is worse, it is usually found on genitals, whereas HVS1 prefers the mouth area. So when someone have type one down there, the virus tends to reappear less often, about once a year. Type 2 gives more outbreaks, approx 5-6 a year. But each outbreak isn't as bad as the last one. Your body creates antibodies so that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.