I need some advice.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I recently lost my dad and then I lost my house and truck. Then I went to jail for a 100 days. Now I dread everyday of my life.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

That's terrible Justin, you must be feeling terrible 
    • Posted

I just don't know what to do. I took a test for depression and it came back off the charts. Where do I go from here? Thanks for answering me.
  • Posted

I just don't know what to do. I took a test for depression and it came back off the charts. Where do I go from here? Thanks for answering me.
    • Posted

Hi Justin, no problem, first thing is to try to relax, take some deep breaths. Where did you take the test, online? You will need to make a doctor's appointment and tell them your feelings/symptoms. You have been through a lot and whether this caused the depression or the depression caused it, it doesn't matter - your doc can talk to you about different medicines and other ways to deal or cope. Exercise is also good to burn extra anxiety and boost good feelings. Talking on this type of forum can help you as well. If you are up to it, would you like to talk about the circumstances that causes your depression?
    • Posted

Just wondering if the loss of your father led to these other negative events --not that it really matters, what matters is now you need to get a doctor's help. Depression is a serious mental illness and you may have anxiety as well - your doc can help you with both of these. I have both, and usually I can deal, but occasionally they get pretty extreme. But I am still here smile
    • Posted

Also, I watch comedy shows every single night after work. They make me feel better, plus I got a pet cat, who also helps me feel better. You need to find some things that you like or that you find comforting, and spend some time at that
    • Posted

Sorry I don't mean to come off as bossy, I'm trying to help, you sound very upset 
    • Posted

Well with my dad and I we had just started getting along really good and a few months later they tell him he has six months to live. They told him that in December and he passed away in May. At the house with all of us there. It hit me a lot harder than I expected. But the jail thing was from something before he passed. But going to jail caused me to lose the house and truck. And on top of all that now I'm living back with my mother in the house he died in. And then I got in an embarrassing situation with my mother.
    • Posted

Wow that is horrible about your father. That's very very sad. And to lose your house and truck must be just overwhelming...all I can suggest is to go easy on yourself and on Monday, call your doc
  • Posted

You are experiencing grief, grief takes time to heal.  Hang in there, and good luck in your journey.  Get support from others who have gone thru grief, your undertaker of all things, have great information. Ask.  What medications are you on?
  • Posted

No you are not alone.  Everyone on this site has depression.  If you think you have clinical depression do you think you could see a doctor about how you are feeling?
    • Posted

I don't have the means to get into a doctor's office. As far as insurance goes.
    • Posted

I am guessing you are based in the USA ? St Johns Wort is a good herbal remedy and I think should be cheap to obtain.
    • Posted

Do you have any relatives who could help you get to the doc? Or any charity-type counsellors or doctors at all? You may even be able to speak with a pastor or priest - they may be able to find you cheap or free help. That is what they are there for and you don't need to join their religion.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/depression-treatment/000646/4#self

This article mentions a wonderful book that I have been using for years called Feeling Good by Dr. David Burns. You can find it in the library- every counsellor I have ever been to uses this book. If you want I can mail you a copy. The article has a lot of useful information. There are some free resources out there to help you, including another I use, an email group who you can email for someone to talk to. They are called the Samaritans and you just email them at jo@samaritans.org and tell them how you are feeling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.