I need some advice for my mum shes been on mirtazapine for 2 and half weeks

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi my mum is 67 years old shes been on mirtazapine for 2 and half weeks now for anxiety and stress and the doctor as put her up to 30 mg . Everyday she wakes up with the shakes and feeling all over whelmed some days are worse than otheres and now shes feeling a bit depressed and her anxiety is to the max . The only thing the doctor as give her to carm her down in the day time is a beta-blocker Propranolol 10 mg but she feels bad for an hour after takeing it .The only time shes carms down is about 7 o'clock at night . Is this normal and will it go away if she stays on Mirtazapine tablet ?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. I am 65 years old and have been taking Mirtazapine for 3 weeks.  7.5 for 1 week, 11 for 1 week and 15mg for 1 week.  I run anxiety all day until about 6 most days.  Not today still running high.  Doctors says symptoms get worse before better. Doc says need to go to 30 but I am sensitive to medication and have to go slowly.  Did you mum have severe anxiety before meds. Seems a big jump in that time.  Docs are t old to take it slowly with older patients.  Let me know.  How was she on 15mg
    • Posted

Hi my mum had a really bad time in april when the doctor put her blood pressure tablet up from 150 mg to 300 mg and it sent her body into shock no mater what tablets the doctor give her it just reacted with her and now she got really bad anxiety and stress over tablets . I must admit this tablet helps her sleep but it dont carm the anxiey down on 15 mg .

Do you have a nice sleep on your tablet ? And are you takeing anything else for your anxiety ? Because my mum cant even go out the house her anxiety is that bad

• Posted

How is you mum doing.

• Posted

A little bit better but shes still feeling a bit the same and she still wont go out
    • Posted

Is your mum still on 30mg..  I have just increased to 18.5 as my anxiety is hitting the roof.  Take propananol for anxiety but makes me more tired.  Still can't eat.  Is your mum feeling tired all the time.  Like her I don't feel good after taking .    Too tired to go out.  

• Posted

Hi again

did your mum lower her meds.  Mine still do not seem to be kicking in.  Still running anxiety all day.  10mg propranolol taken but this makes me more groggy.  Have upped my dose to 19mg last night, thinking of upping it to 22.5 but might stay at 19 for a few days.  3sillykids on here said it was 3 months foe hers to kick in at 15mg.  I am now deciding whether to stay at 15mg.  Will reply to 3sillykids and see some more information.  Please do keep on this link as it is nice to feel someone my age is trying to deal with this.

• Posted

Hi ruth yhe my mum is still on 30 mg but still not feeling any better she dont even sleep in the day any more . Her anxiety is to the max all day till 7 o'clock at night its that bad she dont like being in the house on her own . Its crazy because my mum all my life as never been like this shes always been strong and healthy i just dont know whats happend to her since the tablets in april when the doctor messed her about with her blood pressure tablets it just went down hill from there

• Posted

Hi ruth yhe my mum is still on 30 mg but still not feeling any better she dont even sleep in the day any more . Her anxiety is to the max all day till 7 o'clock at night its that bad she dont like being in the house on her own . Its crazy because my mum all my life as never been like this shes always been strong and healthy i just dont know whats happend to her since the tablets in april when the doctor messed her about with her blood pressure tablets it just went down hill from there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.