I need some advice on a bump on the back of my tonsil!

Posted , 1 user is following.

(I put this in the tonsil stones group just because I had to have it in a group, but I'm not sure what exactly it is...likely not stones)

Hey there guys! Before typing this, I need to go ahead and clarify that I have an appointment scheduled for an ENT, so I'm not looking to this site for a diagnosis, but rather some advice on what could be happening (since my appointment is a good week away and I'm a bit worried).

I've had an enlarged tonsil on the left side of my throat for about a year now, but I haven't exactly been concerned about it until now since it has gotten a tad bigger, but not by much. It's normally always completely painless and isn't really discolored. I have had many problems with tonsil stones here in the last 6 months; only, (1) this tonsil has been enlarged for a little over a year with no luck of getting stones out of it, and (2) normally when I have stones somewhere, after a little while it will become very painful and irritated back there, which it hasn't at all.

My doctor first examined it in December, and she instructed me to obtain a waterpick to attempt to remove tonsil stones (since I also had a couple on the right side of my throat that were reoccurring). When she examined the left tonsil again in mid-January (with no luck getting any stones out of there), she expressed that she was concerned about it and that it needed to be looked at by an ENT asap.

Also, when looking in the back of my throat, if I push near that tonsil a little bit, I can see a fairly small fleshy bump on the back of it that's a bit of a yellowish color. Can anyone possibly help me figure out what this could be? Does any of that sound like it could be tonsil cancer? Thanks for taking the time to read.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.