I need some advice please

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI i have got my prescription of my GP and im scared to start taking the tablets as i have not been given any information on what i should eat. Can anyone help me with what i should eat please it would be very helpful x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am exactly the same as you. Got prescribed these after putting on weight following two brain surgeries. I blamed the medication I was put on,but the docs think I eat too much!!

Generally I think by the ways people are talking here, that as long as you stick to a low fat diet and take the blues every time and a bit of exercise, things should work.

This is my second week of taking them and I have lost half a stone already. I was expecting it to be a bit quicker than this, as I lost the weight within my first week, nothing since. I will keep going though. Drink plenty too, as headaches have been reported.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi guys and welcome! I've been on the the blueys almost three weeks now and have lost 7lbs :D

The general guidelines are to keep each meal no more than 15g fat. You can still eat plenty and if you get peckish between meals you can fill up on muller lights, fruit, snack a jacks, certain cereals (with skimmed milk)...

If you eat a meal that doesn't have any fat, eg fruit and a fat free yog for breakkie, you dont need to take the pill. But obviously you need to eat some fat for them to work and I've found that it works better on days when I up my fat intake a little (but not over the guidelines). If I have a meal with not much fat I eat a couple of Jaffa Cakes (1g each) to top it up..what a chore I know!

I got headaches my first week even though I drink a LOT of water anyway, I found they were making me even thirstier, but that evened out and I'm fine now. So don't give up if you get them - they were pretty horrific for me and lasted about a week.

Good luck and if you have any questions give us a shout!

• Posted

Hi and welcome... smile

Have a look through other posts. Lots of hints about good foodstuffs to have.

But, ditto to what Squeak says. Low fat, calories around 1500....and keep popping the pills... :D

• Posted

hi thanks for your help, i have taking my first one this morning so fingers crossed they work xx
  • Posted

As said previously look back over the last posts lots of great ideas and motivation

You will need to keep your sense of humour, this site is great for that and will help keep you going

Good Luck

• Posted

Phone orlistat aswell as on here and get registered. we have netions laods of food stuff i even put on a whole day somwhere on here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.