I need some advice please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can I have some opinions on a bite mark on my leg. I have a lot of symptoms but my blood came back negative. I have a picture but I'm not sure how to upload it, can anyone help please

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Not sure how to upload a pic but all suspicious cases of lyme should be treated before waiting for blood results or symptoms. Negative bloods should not rule out lyme or co infections. Contact Lyme disease action for further advice on how to approach gp.

There are lots of variations of the rash big, small, bullseye or just a blush of colour.

Good luck!

• Posted

Ahh thank you, I will look into that as I've lost all hope in my gp and consultants at the hospital. They have labeled me with chronic fatigue syndrome but I'm not convinced. Xx
    • Posted

I got that diagnosis too and that was with rash and positive blood test!

Nhs seem to think anti depressants will magically cure Lyme. I don't understand it all and never will.

Mad and downright criminal.

Good luck x

• Posted

Blimey how can they still say that if you've had a positive result. They make you feel like your going mad and depressed, just feel they are too quick to lable people as they haven't got the time or knolage to help us 😞 xx
    • Posted

Got bit Early 2014 was treated with a course of doxy a few months later. I ignored rash and my doctors couldnt work out my other symptoms, it was only when I showed rash some time later that doctor diagnosed lyme . I was given a test alongside antibiotics which came back a weak positive they said I'd had adequate treatment so go away! Been passed through every consultant going on nhs. Have had to result to private care. Just had lyme test through Germany for lyme and co infections. It will count for nothing on nhs though! According to nhs we get bit and end up hypochondriacs, it defies logic it really does!
    • Posted

Hope you get some answers soon and nope popping happy pills isn't going to make it go away. I think its so wrong the NHS won't treat you if you have had a private test. Hope all works out for you ☺ xx
  • Posted

Hi

i only had a big red hard swollen lump on my leg and a bite in between  my fingers summertime last year. I had no other symptoms following that until April this year. Everyone is different and if you have no other life situations goin on that would have an effect on your health like stress etc  you should not rule out Lymes even with a negative result. Mine was also neg and I have undesirable things going on with me now. I am however dreading speaking to my GP when I receive my results from Germany if they are positive as I don't know what medication is available 

• Posted

Hey. I had the bite appear on my leg last year in march and became really Ill in late April, I had so many tests done and have been passed around everywhere, and not getting answers, only that its chronic fatigue syndrome, they barely look at my picture as though they don't want to admit it could be Lyme's. Feel like I'm going mad, as its like no one believes you as its not visable. Iv got all the symptoms for it and trying to lead a normal life is getting harder by the day. As far as I know if you have the test done privately and its positive then you can't get treatment on the nhs, which is so wrong. If you don't mind me asking how much was the test to be done in Germany and how do you go about getting it done. Hope you can get it sorted tho once they come back. Xx
  • Posted

Hi, cost is £700 and I'm not allowed to reveal the lab that is doing the tests for me. I'm having 8 samples taken which covers a lot of co infections I seem to suffer, should have results back in approx 2 weeks, very apprehensive. 
    • Posted

Good luck.. I know its hard but try and think positive ☺ xx
  • Posted

I ended up in hospital too with a suspecTed heart attack Which they then said I hadn't but didn't know what went wrong. Treatment and care I received was brilliant and eventually 3 weeks later my cardiologist said I may have Lymes but test came back negative !
    • Posted

Hi just wondered how your test for Lyme went did u get the results back and how are you doing now 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.