I need some advise. Please help.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, ladies my name is Danielle I've been in pain for 2.5 weeks now, I thought I just had a bit of swelling because of sex but it didn't go away in fact it got bigger after i had sex again that week now its the size of a guppy marble. And Im In more pain. I didn't know what it was until I did some research. I think I have BC. I feel pain when I sit, and I also have a lump in the wall of my vagina near the opening its 5 am in the morning I can't sleep because of the discomfort, and I was up since 3am doing allot of reading. Has there been really any successful cases? All these stories have me crying and very scared. I'm 30, I have one son and he's 10 going on 11 I don't even know how this developed. What should I do I need some advise, I'm also ashamed to discuss this with my family. What if I need surgery?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Danielle you should see your doctor. I've been dealing with my bartholin cyst for 10 years. They can lancet it and it may never come back if you are lucky. Mine kept coming back and when I finally got insurance I had the marsupialization done. I am still having problems after but for most women this will fix it. Take hot sitz baths for pain and get to you doctor as soon as you can if it gets infected (it might be already) they can get very large and painful.

• Posted

Hi Danielle I know it is scary I just had one a few weeks ago for the first time. I didn't end up needing surgery but I was in lots of pain. Mine ended up bursting on its own and it sounds like yours is ready to as well. It didn't hurt when it burst which surprised me. You should be doing sitzs baths with epsom salt, sea salt, or even just regular table salt if that is all you have. Make the water as hot as you can take it and sit for about 20-30 minutes. Do this several times a day until it bursts. When it does their will be pus and blood but make sure to apply pressure to it to get it all out. Keep doing the baths after for a few days as well and applying pressure to get it all out. If that doesn't work you can go see your doctor and they may lance it. I was pretty freaked out about mine and it ended up taking care of itself. Also there is a home remedy on here as well. I tried that but it didn't seem to work however it did end up bursting the day after. It seems overwhelming but it will be ok. Also you may want to get tested for STDs as they can cause the cyst. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Samantha, you were right it burst on its own yesterday. And now I'm not in pain at all. Now I don't know if it will come back, I'm hoping it doesn't. But I will go see the doctor tomorrow, because today is a holiday where I live. Thanks soooo much for replying. But did yours come back and it burst? And was sex after the experience OK? And how long you waited before having sex again? If you don't mind me asking. Thanks again Samantha.

• Posted

So mine burst just on May 26th. I did have sex the day after that wasn't good so I would wait more time if I were you. I went to my doctor a few days later and she said it was still draining and to keep doing the baths for another 5 days. So I would wait at least a week and make sure it has totally drained. I have not gotten another one yet. But once you get one it seems you are more susceptible. My Dr. Said if you get three then she would recommend they will remove the gland. Mine was also caused by and STD so you might want to refrain from sex until you see your doctor and asked to get tested to be safe.

• Posted

Thanks again Samantha for your feed back from a personal point. I'll take your advice. Hope were one of the lucky ones and it doesn't return.

• Posted

Hi Danielle,

I dealt with it for 3 or 4 yrs, I tried home remedies, lancing with a gyn., and it always comes back as many ppl have told you. My lifesaver w as the complete gland removal. A 30 min surgery and with some post operative care now I'm cyst free forever since the gland that makes it come back is gone.

It just feels back to normal again. If u want try to look for an obgyn who would do it. Im IN texas if u need recommendations.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.