i need some experience advice related to gallbaddlers ?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was diagnosis that i have few gallstone and which part of body usually feel painful ? i feel pain after meal and middle of my abdominal feel Dull pain sometime and sometime on my shoulder too , do your guys think that is Gallstone issue Thanks ? 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

It does sound like it to me especially with the sboulder pain
  • Posted

usually you will feel some pain on your..

1.) lowest part of right ribs which indeed the position of your liver and Gallbladder.

2.) Shoulderblade

*after a heavy meal with fatty foods or oily foods included.

1.) Stomach pain that feels like Gastritis or heavy acid reflux.

2.) Sometimes after a heavy meal you will feel like vomiting with

heavy Diarrea and heavy stomach pain.

My advice is to go IMMEDIATELY visit your Doctor or Family Doctor for a checkup, So you can be sure if it is a stone or not.

pls dont take this for granted..

so that you will know what is the size of your gallstone/s or if you really have a stone..

• Posted

Could be gallstones. The only wy to really find out is to have an ultrasoound scan.

If it is gallstones my advice would be to have your gallbladder out and get rid of them. I had my gallbladder out 3 days ago and am already feeling hugely better.

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I have gall stones and am in pain and feeling sick but my surgeon has said this pain is not made by my gs,so he won't remove my gall bladder

so now I have to wait again glad your op went well and you are feeling a bit better

take care

Pat

• Posted

Hello Sarah87162,

I think the only reliable way to check for gall stones is via an MRI.  Ultrasound can miss some of the smaller ones - but it is a low cost way to make a general check.

I had gall stones (found by U/S and later confirmed by MRI) and had them removed from the common bile duct via an ERCP procedure which worked very well.  I now have no symptoms and I've still got my gall bladder!  It does have a function albeit not essential.

I believe gall stones may be a symptom of something else; eg poor diet.  If so then removing the gb isn't really solving the basic problem which can raise its head later.  

• Posted

Message well understood Peter. I know I still have to watch what I eat and would never go back to the crap diet I was on before which is why I got gallstones in the first place.

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Peter

interesting to hear you had your gs removed via an ERCP,what is this,the surgeon I saw said that he felt that my pain was comming from my back and not my gs so would not take my gall bladder out.I'm now worried that my gs may move and I will be in such alot of pain like i was at he being of Febuary this year.It's not so bad now as I'm on a low fat diet.I'm going to have a MRI scan of my back to see if it's got any worse than it was last time

I was scaned.maybe it will also show a better picture of my gall bladder than the ultrascan.i had 3 weeks ago.

all the best

Pat

• Posted

Hi pat reading this i think you should definatly take yourself to A&E the next episode of gb pain you get, having had it for 6 months the pain I had was worse than childbirth there's no way your doctor can leave you like that! Especially if you have been diagnosed with them.... I was first told I didn't have gallstones an I have liver failure told to go home an go back to hospital if my skin or eyes tuned yellow I was deverstated however after demanding a second opinion and being persistent I eventually got my gallbladder removed with 88 gallstones! Now feeling like a new women smile hope you get it sorted soon x
    • Posted

Hi Casey

thanks for the reply

going to have my MRI on the 15th May then going back to see my gp for results,if it's not due to my back then i'm going to ask for a second opinion

and if its my back then i will need to go back to see what can be done.I feel its my gall bladder but what do i know i'm the one with the stones but my gp thinks it's ok to wait for results before refering me on,whats 2 weeks he said i said a lot if your in pain,he could see I was still using my heat pad by the marks on my skin.

glad your felling so much better

kind regards

Pat

• Posted

Stones get lodged in your bile duct and this causes your gallbladder to expand. As all have said above,your shoulder pain and bloated stabbing pain under your right rib is a sign.

I am no medical doctor but I did do a lot of research when I still had my gallbladder, I also constantly suffered panic attacks which I found out is a result of a stone been stuck in your bile duct.

Go and see your doctor for your own piece of mind.

I find that I am a whole lot better since it was removed eben though I still have a bad day or couple hours,it has after all only been 3 weeks since my op.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Natalie after A few weeks of having the gb removed I was droll experiencing the same pain pre op however not as extreme! After visiting the doctor he prescribed some stomach acid tablets an since taking them have not even had a niggling pain it's been great! I think it's just your body adapting without the gallbladder but if your still having Trouble in a week or so maybe see gp- I don't know what they're called off the top of my head but I found many people pre op writing on here about them also. Good luck smile
  • Posted

Hi fung

i was told I have gallstones but when i went to see the surgeon about the removal of my gb he said that the pain I was having was not due to my gs and said it might be due to my back,so I'm now waiting to have a MRI done on my back.I have pain in my right side and shoulder blade,feel sick and I: have started a low fat diet and this seems to have helped a bit with the pain.. I have found this site very helpful

hope all goes well for you

Pat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.