I need some friendly advice about sleeping pills

Posted , 2 users are following.

Dear friends hello,

For the last 2 years (almost) i have been suffering from insomnia attacks. The last 10 months i managed to be able to sleep every night but for some days with the use of sleeping pills. Latly i feel like this has become an 

persistence. I might sleep and i think i am not and i take it. I might be sleeping and waking up and i take it. I might be sleepy but for some reason i stop myself to sleep and i take it. 

I say just to sleep. 

I think it is stuck in my brain. 

i have to do something to reduce them without affecting my sleep.

Any advice from fellow sufferes???

Thanks in advance

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, go and see ur GP, ask if u can possibly change ur sleeping tablets to something like Clomethiazole 192mg, I only take them three nights each week, if for example I take two on a monday, I don't need to take them on the tuesday because they are still in my system, it's worth speaking or seeing ur gp.

• Posted

For me the pills are still in my system the next day too. But if i see that i have a bit of problem sleeping i go crazy and all panicy and i take them before doing anything else. Not relaxation no nathing because i become scared
  • Posted

What helps u to sleep is having a good routine, for example get up about 10-11am, have a cuppa, run a hot bath and have a soak for 15-20 mins, get out and get ready, do something relaxing like cross stitch or patchwork quilts, watch some daytime tv or go for a walk, then on the night time at around 7.7.30pm run a bath n put some lavender oil in the bath, relax for 15-20 mins, put pyjs on, do something relaxing or watch a film and relax and that's how I have a good sleep routine.

• Posted

i wish i could do that. I am working and also my day varies. What helps me (somedays) is going to bed to relax and then i trift off and sleep. After i sleep i can sleep for hours. And this is ok for some days but then i stop myself from sleeping and i go nuts

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.