I need some.guidance?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've got an infection in both of my.kidneys, I've been prescribed cocodamol, 500 mg, I take 2 at a time but it only seems to be helping with the pain for like an hour once it kicks in. Would it be safe for me to take some ibuprofen whilst the cocodamol is wearing off? If not, what else can I take or do to help with the excruciating pain?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bexstaar.

Its OK to take ibuprofen with coco. Has this does not have paracetamol in. Ibu or aspirin are fine. Just watch your dosage amount.

• Posted

You can take ibuprofen with cocodomol. They recommend it In boots. Plus I was a staff nurse. Hope it helps your pain
  • Posted

Hey Bex, sorry to hear your in pain, kidney infection is not a trivial matter and self medicating pain relief may not be the best thing to do.and you should be asking a medical professional, did your GP not give you any instructions as to what to do if the pain becomes unbearable? Different pain medication affects internal organs differently, which a professional will know

cant you ring the NHS helpline, or the local A&E will gladly give you some advice

No offence to the replies you've had, but you shouldn't be taking advice on what medication is or is not safe to take from total strangers, no one knows your medical history or exact condition, so please consult a professional,

hope your well soon!

• Posted

Ser bronn is right about seeking professional advice on medication.

Still if someone asks guidance in an open forum your going to get guidance.

You should check if your medical needs allow your physiology to take these. Has far as cocodomol and ibuprofen being taken together this is acceptable in the general guided use.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.