I need some help and guidance.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm new to this but I thought this would be the best place to go with some help. So some background information on me is that I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 18 years old. I am about to be 21 soon.

Well I've been I'll for 8 months now. I've been nauseous everyday usually after I eat or late at night. My appetite has change to where I can barely eat or I get full fast and want to vomit. I've been having bad chest and abdominal pains. I'm very fatigue all the time even when I wake up in the morning. I've been urinating more than usual. And I've been very bloated a lot. I am not pregnant it so I've been wondering why I've been feeling this way for so.long. I don't know if it has to do with my pcos or what but some light on what's going on with me would be really appreciated.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

This isn’t anything to do with pcos have you been to the doctor with your symptoms?
    • Posted

I've gone to the hostipal and told them how I felt and everything just blow it off that it's the flu or a cold.

• Posted

did they give you any tests at the hospital? Have you lost weight since this started? Also do you take any medication that you may be sensitive to?
    • Posted

No they didn't do any test. I've lost weight. And only medication I take is my birth control to help with my pcos.

• Posted

You need to go to your doctor and explain everything clearly to them, something sounds wrong and you need to get checked out. Which pill are you on? Is it Yasmin?
    • Posted

I take sprintec. I've been on this pill for like two years and never had any problems like this until recently.

• Posted

I had very serious side effects from my birth control pill. I started off with chest pain, I then developed palpitations, at night I used to wake up with pins and needles in my hands, I would get very sweaty then freezing and my teeth would chatter. I had ecgs, an echocardiogram a 24 hour ecg machine and nothing showed up. The doctors kept telling me it was anxiety and musculoskeletal pain. I was also told it was down to my hormone imbalance. I took beta blockers to slow down my heart and I just lived with it for years. My symptoms got worse I got abdominal pain and my breathing became quite bad I would become very out of breath from going up the stairs and I couldn’t take deep breaths in. Finally I organised for myself a private CT scan because the doctors on the NHS refused to believe there was anything wrong with me. It turned out I had multiple pulmonary emboli which could have killed me. Birth control pills can be dangerous, make sure you get yourself fully checked out. Ask for a D-dimer blood test this is used to see how your blood is clotting.

I googled the name of your pill and it has pretty poor reviews have a look yourself. Stop taking it immediately, there is no problem doing that apart from it might mess your next period up a bit. 

• Posted

If I stop my pill I could end up bleeding a lot. Main reason I got the pill was because I had my period for 47 min stop most of it heavy and I lost so much blood my body couldn't cover my low iron so I had to have a iron infusion done.

• Posted

Well go to your doctor and ask if you can have a d-dimer blood test. Also check to see if you can change to a progesterone only pill. The pill you are on has got really bad reviews. Some people saying similar things to you.

Do not let symptoms go untreated though because you can get serious health problems doing that. Also be more assertive with the doctors don’t let them tell you that you being sick for 8 months is the flu, especially if you can’t eat and you are losing weight. They should have given you blood tests, you could have a food intolerance or allergy, you could be diabetic, you could have a serious stomach problem or you could be allergic to your pill. 

I don’t mean to lecture you but I wish I had been a bit more forthright with my doctors when I was ill, I didn’t want to cause a fuss and I was really patronised and made to feel like I was wasting peoples time. If you catch illnesses early they are much easier to control and cure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.