i need some serious help with my panic attacks

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi all, my names Adam,

i've been suffering with anxiety and panic attacks for 8 years now, but in the last 2 months, it's gotten out of control, i can't go a minute without thinking about it, i wake up anxious, i go sleep anxious, i have no relax time, if i wake up earlier than 7/8 hours, i'm feeling like i'm having a panic attack as soon as i open my eyes, i can't shower, clean my flat, i have two cats who make it harder for me, and i'm just so lost in life right now, i feel like no one or nothing can help me, any help or advice, will do, please, thank you

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Adam

I'm the same at the moment, I've got anxiety 24/7, my dr took me off my usual antidepressants and put me on Prozac and I've just started a new tablet called pregabalin, but I still feel the same, I'm teary all the time, wake up with anxiety and it lasts all day everyday, I've been like it since September and I'm dreading Xmas, I haven't even put my tree up, I have horrible suicidal thoughts, do you? Are you on any medication?

• Posted

hi Hollie

i've been on citalopram for just over a year,because i had this before, but less severe, i've had it the same time as you too, maybe it's the weather? but i've been teary, non stop thinking about my next attack, and struggling to breathe, i was prescribed pregabalin too a few weeks ago, but i took it once and it made me feel much worse, i too have suicidal thoughts sad i just don't know what to do with myself, and i feel alone, what do you do to ease the symptoms? . thanks for your reply

• Posted

Adam, you didn't mention if you were on any kind of Benzo (xanax, klonopin, ativan,ect,ect,ect) but what I hear you describing is exactly what I lived with while taking my Klonopin as prescribed. I was in Tolerance Withdrawals all the time. I developed so much anxiety I could not interact with people anymore. I became totally housebound and I too wasn't able to mow my lawn, clean my house, take care of anything, not even myself. The Klonopin gave me an underlying anxiety that effected every aspect of my life. The Klonopin made me so depressed I was no longer able to function normally in the real world. I hid out at home instead and I used to be a very outgoing fun loving person but I was no longer these things. Every day I'd wake up wishing the day was over by 10:00 in the morning. The Klonopin robbed me of a quality life in every way. I'd wake up wishing I would just die than to continue living in this kind of hell. So please do your homework on what drugs your taking. Know what you're putting into your body because Klonopin Withdrawal almost killed me. I came so close to not making it through my 'cold turkey' withdrawal. I will never, ever take another benzo as long as I live. It was that horrible. I would never make it through another withdrawal.
  • Posted

I was on citalopram and that's what the gp took me off of and then put me on Prozac which hasn't made one bit of difference, I've lost all confidence in myself, even to go shopping I get panicky, I hate been on my own, because I get awful thoughts of taking loads of pills, I'm seeing a counsellor but she is useless, I just want it all to go away, I'm 25 and should be doing my normal things I.e going to work, coming home feeling relaxed, going to London to see my friends, but I feel I've lost all confidence x
  • Posted

I have come to learn after so much research that the prescription drugs our Dr.'s put us on are so very dangerous. Read the fine print, read the side effects and then YOU can decide weather it's worth taking or not. Thoroughly understand what they do to you're brain. Most are toxic like the Benzo's and extremely addicting. And you can forget about trying to ever get off them, the withdrawals are so horrible you may wish for death as I did when coming off Klonopin. The Dr.'s used to have me on 5-6 different psychiatric drugs including Klonopin for 30 years. Now I am on 1 and I have never felt better physically, mentally, emotionally or spirtually. Getting off my Klonopin has been the best thing I could have ever done.
    • Posted

I don't know if you are presently on this site but could you tell me how you are doing now please?.
  • Posted

What r u on Sanderella? Ive been on clonopin for bout 3 yrs now n had no idea they were so harmful!!
  • Posted

hello adam do you feel you have a hard heart beat that wont go away and anxious or what do you feel please get back at me and stay strong friend

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.