i need to ask a question

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have had shingles for about 17 weeks. they have not blossomed at all. people tell me that under the skin is harder to heal than the rash kind.

i would love to hear from anyone that has had this problem.

thanks, dh

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I also have Shingles since June with minimal rash AND MAXIMUM PAIN everywhere. I am going to PT and taking Nuerontin. I had 2 good nights sleep since then. The Physiatrist explained that one can have internal rashes, and will feel pain along the affected nerve. Hope you will find relief. I am in the USA.
  • Posted

dear dh, i have had shingles with no rash since may. this is about my 3rd

bout with them. mine are in the right side of my stomach and go into my back on right side. this is by far the worst i have ever had. they are very debilitating. luckily my Dr. does believe in them, some don't. he has me on lyrica and lortabs. i've had 2 mri's to check out other possiblities, nothing showed. best of luck to you, sometimes they hurt so bad i cry, especially if something touches my skin. i also am in the states

s.m.

• Posted

dh, I've had shingles a few times on my eyelids, and never experienced sub-surface blisters (bumps) until this year. My experience was that these bumps lasted for 3-4 months, while normal shingle blisters last from 1-3 weeks depending on size. They were also more painful. (Luckily my shingles tend to hurt only for a day or two.)

Mortified by the prospect of such 'stubborn' bumps, Im today googling for ways to boost my anti virus defence. Hopefully I can find useful hints in this forum.

• Posted

Try lysine supplements.  Stops vrus replicating.  500-1000mg per day for prevention.  1000mg 2-3 times a day for treatment of current infection.  Google it.  It does work and all natural substance we all need anyway.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.