I need to come off Remeron

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey Guys , Glad to be on the Site , I have been on Remeron for About 7 Months , It was Great when I started Taking the 15mg Tablets , I Built myself Back up in Weight , But Now I have been on 30 mg and , I am Having Bad Anxiety , I wake up in a Panic , I Need to get off this Drug .

I Stopped CT, I am on my 3rd Day , I feel like everything has Shut Down , I can't think , and I am Tired . How long will this Last  ?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Reading on this forum, this drug is very good at the start and then seems to stop working. I think going ct from 30mg is too much. Perhaps you should have come back down to 15 then took it more slowly to come off it. 
    • Posted

Yes I took your Advice Kat50 , I Went to 22.5 last Night and Still Woke up with Bad Tremors , I am Also in the Process of Tapering Zoloft , My Doctor said I could have Just Stoped taking the Zoloft , I was only on it for 2 Months and was only Taking 25mg of Zoloft, Now its a Week of 12.5 mg.
    • Posted

Your symptoms could be the tapering of zoloft. Hopefully the tremors etc will subside soon. 
  • Posted

Hi 

I came off after having bad side effects it took about a week to start to feel better I know what you going through its a nightmare it does get better I have been off meds for a few months now after being on them 20 years best thing I did was to come off them 

• Posted

Hello Di25 , Did you Taper off the Remeron  ?  How did You do it ? I am having so many side effects , I went from 30 mg to 22.5 , Last Night !

• Posted

Hi 

I have been on many different meds the gp put, me on mirts and I was so drugged up on it even though it was only 15 mg only took it for about 5 days then stopped it I was suicidal very angry irritable crying ect after about a week started to feel better 

• Posted

Hey just reading all the comments. I have been on remeron 30 for seven months now. Yes there was initially tiredness, waking with a panic and anger. I stuck in with it and these side effects lasted about 9 weeks before i felt better. I was on this med before and recovered. I was put on escitalopram seven weeks ago as well as i was still feeling anxious.  Now i feel amazn no side effects, mood uplifted and back at work. Excercising and completely enjoying life. I dont even know im taking my meds now and when i came off this combination no side effects at all. Hope u get better soon. I to had very bad panics on wakening but it passes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.