i need to come out of all my medcin

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I am 34 years old and I have 3 kids they all young I've been pracrabe 4 strong pain killers for my slip disc and scoliosis I've been taking codeine tramadol pregablin and oramoph for a year I am so edited to them and know I want to come out completely I did try to do it myself but the withdrawal symptoms I can't take it only if my family could look after my kids then I would of and olianzipn for my stress every time I see my kids I have full off tears that if I die what going to happiend to my kids my mum or my brothers or sister's they won't take any of my kids to there house I never had a good childhoods in my life please tell me how to stop your support with incarrag me thank you

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Is this right your taking 4 different painkillers ?

Coming off meds is hard work and has a effect on your body and mind have you spoke to your doctor and raised that you want to stop taking meds I don't recommend stoping at once the way to do it is cut down your meds slowly I went from 8 tramadol a day down to 4 I ran out of some 2 weeks ago and it was living hell.

A doctor is the way to go

• Posted

Hello thanks for your reply. yes I told my doctor he said I have to see the painclinic but I'm scared to see them my friend said some time they can tell you to Come off all in once you call it cold turkey always I heard that if you go to a hot country the medcein doesn't work in your body is that true 
    • Posted

I dont know about painkillers not working in the hot weather can you take a friend with you if the doctor says you need to go to the pain clinic ? yes its cold turkey if the pain clinic is no help go back to your doctor and demind he/she helps you 
  • Posted

Hi Nessa,

From your story am I understanding correctly that you are on pain medications for medical reasons and you wish to stop these meds so that you can not feel so overwhelmed? It sounds like you are under stress with no help with the responsibilities of your children. You want to stop the pain killers, and there are 4 separate kinds of them?

Nessa, It sounds like you might be over medicated, too many pain killers, and getting off of them will be difficult and even if you manage to, safely, slowly, ween off of the medications, you are still left with the medical problems that you needed pain killers for to begin with.

It will be safer if you discuss this with your doctor and if your doctor is not sympathetic, then find another doctor. There are procedures that can help your spine which would lesson the need for pain killers.

If family will not help you with the children, do you have safe friends who could give you a break now and then?

Nessa, hang in there, and remember, you must take good care of yourself in order to take good care of those you love.

Once, long ago, my doctor overdosed me on too many medications and I really felt that I was going to die. I spent precious time with my daughter with tears in my eyes because I did not think I would live long enough to see her grow up. I ended up going to a different doctor for a second opinion and that is how I found out that I was on too many medications for no reason.

My doctor would prescribe a new medicine, then I would have side effects from that medication, so he would prescribe a medication to take care of the side effects and so it went on and on.

Please stay in touch and I hope you find the help you need.

Hugs

💛 Dawn, USA

• Posted

Hi dawn my opponement date has changed to 8th of May @ 11:40 I wanted to ask is there a y private hospital who does the treatment to come off the medcein I heard from a friend that from the Jeremy Kayal show she was saying they can help but it private hospital and how they do the treatment with detox clean up your body that how they do it it that safe 
  • Posted

Hi dawn thanks for your reply my doctor is very good he wanted me to come off this medicine that why he made an appointment with the pain clinic on 8th March @ 11.45 I have missed 2 oppoinment in past but this time I will keep this one my pain is not that bad but I'm so edited to this medicine I want to leave long to see my kids to grow atleast they at the age that they can look after there self I know my kids need me and that the only reason I will see the pain clinic and support from everyone talking to me on this net please keep in toch and thanks again for repling to this message
    • Posted

Sounds as if you have a very supportive doctor, that will help.

Thinking of you as you go for your appointment at pain clinic.

Please keep this appointment and let me know how you get on.

Love and prayers

Sarah

• Posted

I see you have a lot of good replys.

Of all the pain killers you are on Tramadol is the one that will make you feel depressed if you stop taking it cold turkey. However as you are on codiene as well coming of tramadol may be a little easier. Though I find it odd for you to be on both codiene and Tramadol, normally its one or the other.

Anyway, come off each drug one at a time, NOT all together. When you come off each drug reduce the dose slowly over several weeks. Unfortunatly if you want it to work it has to be slow and steady. How long it takes to come off each one depends on the dose you are on now. Personnally I would start with reducing the tramadol like this,

Reduce the dose by 1 tablet a day for 1 week.

Then 'if' you feel ok reduce it by another tablet otherwise give it another week. Again stick with the next reduction for a week.

Continue to do this each week (or 2) until you are off them. If needed, split the tablet open and remove some powder so that you can reduce the dose by half a table it needed, especially when down to the last tablet.

Then when you are off tramadol, are feeling ok And are pain free start with the codiene and do the same thing.

The important thing is slow and steady otherwise you risk going through an emotional roller coaster and geting break through pain.

Discuss this with your doctor so that he/she can supervise you while you reduce the dose.

I do not know much about pregablin and oramoph so I cannot advise about those two drugs, sorry.

• Posted

To clarify, by "Reduce the dose by 1 tablet a day for 1 week."  I mean reduce you daily dose by 1 tablet and wait (at least) a week before reducing it again. I wasn't sure if that came accross right in my original message.
  • Posted

Your on a lot of medication added with the pain and children to look after is not going to be a easy concept for you. I def would not go cold turkey and think that asking for a medication review with your doctor might be needed.

Once you have clarity from your doctor about your medication and what each 1 is for you an then ask your doctor which 1 to wean of first.

I am 4th day of coming off tramadol and which it had been easy and far from it and with kids as well I am just lucky mine are 18,16,14 so a little more understanding if they do call me a druggy.

my symptoms of coming off tramadol below

1st day hot and cold constantly, constant sneezing, runny nose, dry mouth

2nd day the same no difference what so ever 

3rd day runny nose gone but still hot and cold, dry mouth and a bit emotional 

4th day still hot and cold but feeling like it's going.

please don't do this on your own get as much help as you can even if you have to call social services explain to them about coming off the medication and see if they can offer some in home help

• Posted

Hi Katrina I have my ex-patener who will look after all the kids while going cold turkey so far it been 3days I'm not taking tramadol and pregablin only taking oramorph and codeine but lower dosage since it been 3 days I feel cold and hot sweaty when I wake up in morning my clothes are wet and bed too does anyone know how long does it take this to go away 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.