I need to know if it was a Panic Attack, its driving me mad

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there.

Well one night I was playing PC for a while until around 3am, I was lying in bed till 4am and I started to feel empty like I need to crave some milk and cookies, I always got this and it doesnt seem a threat to me, but before I went to bed I saw posts on facebook and heart attacks and it scares me, but I had that in my head when I was going to bed, then I tried to sleep, but couldnt, I sat up feeling dizzy and my heart was racing, and I had the urge to walk around the house like I had plenty of energy. But I managed to control the first attack and slow down my BPM, but then I was worrying if I should tell someone or not, then I started panicing again and my arm went all tingling, and my armpit went stiff under the left arm. But I got rushed straight into hospital by my dad. and my heart rate stayed at 120bpm lying down and 140bpm sitting up, walking around with the monitor attached it was around 140-150. and feeling fairly dizzy/ I should note I was in hospital for a week. but I had an attack in hospital when I was lying in bed with my family around me, I kept looking at the monitor saying to myself I need to get that bpm down so I can go home, but then I started to panic more and more and it hit 176bpm. Im honestly scared of what happened that week, but the doctor mainly said I think this was caused by stress. Im to young for anything serious to happen to me right? If anyone could provide some insight on this that would be great.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

you will just have to wait and see. Hope it goes ok

Richard

and try not to worry about it before you know the result!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.