I need your advice about pvc pls

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

Iam a 40 years man. I used to live normal healthy life until 2 years ago when I started feeling strange feeling in my chest and tierdness.

I once went to ER room and there i first discoverd that i have alot of them

I sow the cardiologist and he did for me tests

Holter: 16000 per day

Cardiac echo : normal

Stress test: my pvc increase with activity. But no cardiac issue

I started taking bisoprolol 2.5 which totally messed up with my life

I started to be much tierd and dizzy and anxiety and everything 

But all pvcs went away..

After 8 month of using it.. they came back..so now iam suffering of drug symptoms and ovc symptoms..

Pls i need advice from people who had same as my case. What shall i do. Shall I consider abilation. Or increase drug..

My cardiologist say do sports but for me they increase with sports. I feel if i walk only my heart will damage

Iam in very bad mental state. Now i have anxiety also. My wife and kids dont see me anymore. I take many sickleaves from my work. I gain weight wich i heard make pvc worse.

Guys tell me ur experience. And if you did abilation ..and if its worthit.. iam totally lost

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Odeh, I am sorry you are going through all this now. I hope you are seeing a good heart rhythm Dr and not just a cardiologist. They are the best. If you are feeling that bad, I would definitely think about getting an ablation. The Pvcs are ruining the quality of your life. I only get a few but they scare me and upset me a lot. Yours are so many, I have read that many can weaken the heart. If you have them everyday. I would suggest having a loop recorder implanted to see how many you are getting everyday. Or, just wear a monitor for a month. I found out by my implanted loop recorder that I was having pauses. So I had to have a pacemaker. I take Metoporol and it really helps the skipping heart. Also magnesium 3 times a day helps fantastic. I think you need to talk to a counselor also,to help you deal with all this. I do, it helps. If you don't trust your doctor go to another. They may be able to help. I hope you get some answers. Here is wishing for a happy New year and a calmer heart. Take care, Mabel

• Posted

Hi Odeh happy new year in spite of all!  You don't mention any blood pressure problems?  I have some BP issues and some arrhythmia issues.  For me, getting the BP down helps with the arrhythmias.

?Beyond that, I don't know what to add to what Mabel has said, and your doctors.

• Posted

Like Odeh ( Mabel) I suffer with bouts of ventricular ectopics from 10% to 25% ...Like her, I think that Magnesium is a significant factor in controlling the condition.... I was intrigued that she is taking magnesium 3 times a day ... the maximum recommended dose is one tablet of 375 mg... Is she taking more than this dosage and has it had any adverse effects ... Happy new Year to all 

• Posted

Hi Roger,I take three doses of magnesium a day of elemental mag , consisting of Magniesium Taurate, Glycinate, and Malate The total dose is 300mg a day. No side effects. This is not the kind that gives you stomach problems. Oxide is that, and it's bad,does nothing for palps.I take Heart Calm from Vital Biologics. Get it on Amazon. I let my cardio Dr. See it He said it was good. It also has CoQ10 in it and .99 of potassium, and Taurine. All good for your heart. Look up the reviews on Amazon. My Dr says many of his patients take it! Hope this helps!! Take care, Mabel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.