i never got an antibiotic,omg!

Posted , 4 users are following.

i just read that it can be acute,meaning if i got an antibiotic it might have gone away,i was giving tobradex bit didnt follow directions( already know,lol) when i went again he said first lineof defense was just keep clean and compresses and scrubs,what if im walking around with staph infection on my eyes that never got resolved? urggggggggggggg

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

doubt seriously if you have staff infection, and dorget about antibotics to cure this, they are useless. Dena
  • Posted

I did the warm compress and scrubbing thing forever with no results. Then I took Minocycline to knock down my Roseacea and my eyes cleared right up. Since then whenever my eyes or skin flare up (a couple times a year) I take the pills for 5 - 6 days and everything clears up quickly.

Good luck.

• Posted

When I was first referred to my local hospital ( treated for Blepharitis at larger hospital in another area previously) the doctor mentioned antibiotics but said they'd try other things first. Wished I'd insisted on the antibiotics.

after months of faffing around with eye drops, eye gel/ ointment/ warm compresses etc... I still had red sore eyes and was 100% miserable. 5 week course of antibiotic and eyes back to perfect, rosecea on my face gone. The Bleph has stayed away for several months now.

if anyone does take antibiotics heed the warning of easily burning in the sun. You will burn--- painfully and fast. You need total sunblock. 

• Posted

hollyberry,what was the antibiotic? just wondering,im on my 5th month of all that useless crap,lol and at this point,i need the medicine.... also,is there anyway to take the antibiotic only at the eye area rather then through whole system?
  • Posted

Doxycycline. You have to be really careful to be se sunblock. My arm burnt one day just be being nearest the car window. Wish I'd pressed the dr to prescribe this first.
    • Posted

i dont like taking things systemic,any chance anyone knows if there is a drop or ointment in that form? and hollyberry what was yours caused from that you went 5 months like that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.