I never know how I'm going to feel the next day, is this anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I take 10 mg citalopram but a couple of weeks ago I upped it to 20 mg, I felt ill so for the past couple of days have gone back to 10 mg. Some times I get good days but most times I get up feeling out of it. My head feels weird, I get tired easily and my body feels heavy and I just want to lie down. Sometimes I feel I don't want to make conversation, I feel so spaced out. Is this anxiety? I've had routine tests and heart tests, all ok. Could it be that I've messed around with my meds causing this? Thankyou

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hey I know exckly how you feel and it's all normal even though it feels very un normal and hard to run a normal life.these meds take ages to get into your system so just hang in there things will get better x
    • Posted

Thanks muza, your reply is very encouraging. These weird feelings play havoc with the mind and it's hard to think positive. Very much appreciate your reassuring words. Take care. x
    • Posted

That's ok.Yes it sure is I can't think positive either because I'm so disconnected from my mind body nd soul.I've been dealing with this since April but have gotten better since then.we just have to hang In there and keep chugging along xx
    • Posted

Hi

Have you been on 20mg since April ?

• Posted

No heck no ive been dealing with it since april.this is my 5th antidepressant havnt had any luck with the others
    • Posted

Sounds just like me I've been like this for 2 years tried about 5 antidepressants my self with no joy these have been the best so far 😃

I had matrazapine ,sertraline,amertriptaline,floxatine,and 1 other cant remember name I had these for years and they worked well it 2 years ago had a rough time doc said they stopped working and said try something else it was a long hard road then ended back on these doctor haven't got a clue about these meds

• Posted

Oh wow it's a joke aey.how long have u been on cit for now?I'm only on my 6th week it's so hard I hate feeling likethis.yYes the docs have no idea there just like here try this one try this
    • Posted

Oh wow it's a joke aey.how long have u been on cit for now?I'm only on my 6th week it's so hard I hate feeling likethis.yYes the docs have no idea there just like here try this one try this
    • Posted

This is my 10th week it a roller coster up and down the hardest part is when you think you've turn a comer then boom it all comes back bet I'm going to stick this 1 out for a few months more cant keep switching it not good for us I wish I knew this before I tried all them meds I've been given some good advice from this forum
    • Posted

Ohk nice that's good then yes everyone says it takes ages to get into your system
    • Posted

Can you see things more postive now?I am doing so much to beat this but I can't see the positives.did u feel like u wet in your own world watching life pass you by?I can't even feel my self in my own body everyday is a blur
  • Posted

Hi Juliannah,

It's awful, truly the hardest thing to do but you must be consistent with your dose.

It will pass and it will get better, we all have them dark days. You WILL feel better.

Lots of love x

• Posted

Hi Angie,

Very much appreciate your reply, you are right I know, I will stick with 10mg, I can't cope with a higher dose right now. Thank you for reassuring me. Take care. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.