I never post in these kinds of things but felt I had to...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 27, very active, constantly working, traveling, and going out. I live a very busy life. I never post in these forums but really felt like I had to after this experience. About a month and a half ago, I noticed a small and pale patch on my shoulder (which I later found out was a herald patch) and thought nothing of it. About two weeks later, on a Thursday, I noticed some raised bumps on the trunk of my body. I still thought nothing of it... I had just switched medication and attributed it to that. By Sunday night, the bumps were all over the trunk of my body, on my fore arms, and going down my thighs. I called my dermatologist the first thing in the morning Monday, and saw my doctor by 1pm. After a few minutes of being with me, she told me I had Pityriasis Rosea. She told me It could last about two and a half months. She told me there wasn't much to do... I just had to wait it out. She recommended maybe hitting the tanning bed. I left the doctors office and went directly to a stand up tanning bed for 10 minutes. I did a TON of research that night and heard about prreze cream. I ordered it with expedited shipping. I heard head and shoulders worked... so I rubbed head and shoulders classic all over my body. The next day, I went to the tanning bed again,  the stand up bed for 10 minutes. That night was miserable, it was all over my body, and I could not sleep for anything. It skipped itching, it hurt. This was probably a combination of being burnt from tanning, and the pityriasis. I continued with the head and shoulder rub down and jumping in a lukewarm shower. The following day the prreze cream showed up. I started to use it and prayed it worked... I also took a day off of tanning.  I used prreze cream twice a day for five days. I tanned once more that week and kept using the head and shoulder rub down. By the next Tuesday, the Tuesday after the miserable night of no sleep, my Pityraisis was 95% gone. By that Friday, it was completely flat, and all I had was some skin coloring issues. Sitting here typing this, the skin color is pretty much all back to normal. I have to say I was freaking out during this experience, thinking I was going to be stuck like this. My biggest advice... go to the tanning bed... don't be afraid to get some sun burn.. it will be uncomfortable! Use head and shoulders! Do two rub downs a day all over your body. Rinse it off in lukewarm showers. Finally, GET PRREZE CREAM. Pay for the expedited shipping. Just get it!  I hope this helps some people!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.