I never thought I would feel well again

Posted , 6 users are following.

But I do :-).

I had horrible side effects when I first started citalapram, dizzyness, heightened anxiety, feeling drunk, nausea and loss of appetite. I spent the first few days in bed when my husband was out and my kids at school and nursery. I Google everything to do with anxiety, citalapram side effects and how long it would take to work. I wouldn't leave the house alone unless I had to and even then I would rush back.I have been taken citalapram since beginning of January and I now feel much better.

Don't give up, it does get better

I have been

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kerry

I'm the same way. Almost obsessed with looking sftuff up on cit. Did one week on 10 mg's followed by 8 weeks on 20 mg's then the last 6 day's on 30mg's. Dont know what to think at this point. Some day's I feel great followed by days when I feel really crappy. Hopefully I'll start feeling great everyday soon. Really hate the side effects of this drug.

• Posted

What doesage ar eyou on and how long did it take before you started noticing improvements? I was told recovery is based on months and not weeks. Great news and happy for you. Thanks.
  • Posted

Nice to here a good story 😀 What dose did u recover on ?
  • Posted

I started on 20 mg and remain on that dose now, I'm also doing cbt and that has taught me ways to control my breathing etc which also helps
  • Posted

HI Kerry,

I have been on citalopram since jan. 6 and started feeling better about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I went out and ate seafood on Friday night and was up all night with diarrhea. I haven't been doing good since. My appetite is not as good and I'm not sleeping good again and waking up with the shakes again. Did you or anyone else have this problem and do you think it will straighten back out soon? I was feeling so good and now feel like I'm back to 3 weeks ago. Thanks for any help.

• Posted

Just like me sue I'm on week 15 of 20mg a couple of week ago I had a good few days thought I was their then boom it all came back feel so confused and frustrated
  • Posted

Thank you for sharing!  I don't have anxiety (at this point in my life), just depression, and have experienced improvement in the depression after awhile on Citalopram, but extreme fatigue, lack of ability to concentrate, and lack of motivation.  Especially lack of motivation.

When did the lack of appetite resolve for you (or has it)?  I had lost weight prior to going on it due to depression, and my appetite has only gotten worse with the Citalopram. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.