I noticed a tear near clit.. what kind on ointment can i use to heal it?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Noticed a tear near my clit.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi I know how painful these tears can be ive used all sorts and found slightly salted water the best as it heals and drys. Just a pinch in water and bath with cotton wool stings a bit but heals quickly and air down there as much as possible. Ive also tried Vagisil as it has numbing Lidocaine init but it won't heal just make it more comfortable as long as you dont put it internally (Dr suggested this).

If this is a reoccurring or the tear is deep I suggest going to the Dr for some steroid cream and advice about why its happening. I have Vaginal Atrophy which im now taking Hrt for.

Hopefully this helps temporarily :-)

• Posted

I would pierce a vitamin E capsule and rub the oil on the tear.
  • Posted

As already suggested salt bath. But also organic coconut oil which heals and has an antibacterial property and will help moisturise. A lot of people get tears when they have Lichen Sclerosis so this might be worth checking out. Check the LS forum on here it tells you what to look for. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

I have same problem and my doctor recommended colpotrine.  Used this for several months but it caused irritation eventually.  Now I use saforelle, which is gentle.  Use it every time you spend a penny so that you remain lubricated.   It is the dryness that causes the split.   If you can't find this cream (I live in France) then use Nivea or Astral.
  • Posted

Anything moisturising will help but avoid scented products as this will also cause irritation. Try and use something natural like vitamin E or coconut oil or specifically for the sensitive vaginal area.
  • Posted

Coconut oil is safest. Has antibacterial and anti fungal properties, is natural and doesn't irritate. 

Is this a one off? If it keeps happening you will need to find out why.

• Posted

So i went to the hospital and couldnt take the pain anymore. I have blisters forming around my butt. They started me on acyclovir. Until the results come back. Usually 24-48 hours. Im scared
    • Posted

Hi, it's good you visited a Dr, its always best if it doesn't clear up. It maybe a bit more complex than a hormonal problem. I hope it eases the symptoms for you.
  • Posted

Hi, I've been having a problem for about five days to a week now. I didn't notice in the beginning as I didn't feel or see anything unusual but now I'm in a alot of pain. On the top of clit hood I have a swollen, reddish lump that's gotten bigger during the day yesterday and has been swelling probably everyday. I don't know what it is as I've never had it before, I'm 19 and a virgin so I know it's not an STD/STI. Also, along the left labia I noticed it's really swollen also but it doesn't hurt until it reaches the clit hood. The hood is swollen so badly that I can't see my clit without really stretching, which hurts. My left is primarily the issue side and as of this moment it burns. I can't walk, sit , sleep or move at all without going through a moment of pain first and I can only sleep on my back. PLEASE HELP!!!!

• Posted

I'd advise you see a doctor about that because if water or any fluids collect you might get an infection.

• Posted

I'm sorry for the long message here, I'm new to this forum well forms on the whole and didn't know how to start my own discussion and I thought I might be able to get info from you all also.

Thanks in advance!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.