I now know how to reverse pcos, for me

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi, I have been suffering with this for more than 20+ years. I hate the disease and all the symptoms that come with it. I have tried every treatment and diet (vegan 2 yr, low carb 2 yr, gluten free 4 yr, zone, paleo, med, etc..), and exercise program known to women. I have tried all herbs, drugs, and voodoo.

I always promised myself that when i finally do find it that I will share. Well, here it is... I found it, and I reversed everything. I am now normal. With normal cycles and reversing ALL the symptoms.

The thing that allowed me to be normal is simple, and easy, and free. It is simply consuming no more than one meal a day, and no snacks. Yes, this is a metabolic issue, and by limiting my body to one meal a day it must be undergoing some sort of chemical reaction that allows it to have regular (pain free ovulation), and allows my hormones to act NORMALLY.

This is my fourth month, and I have never had as much success with anything else that I tried. Before, my cycles, if I had any, were painful, and ovulation was painful, now the thing happens totally in the background. Now, I ovulate when I am suppose to and progesterone is raging within my body. My symptoms are disappearing. My weight is just NORMAL.

I have a science background, but I literally stumbled upon this. When I started the one meal a day diet I did it because I wanted to loose a few pounds, and I hated counting calories. I figured that if I could eat whatever I wanted one time a day, it would be a better plan for me than having to deprive myself at all meals throughout the day. So, one time a day I allow myself to eat whatever I want. The diet thing is only as successful as the number of calories consumed, but I did not expect the PCOS thing to be affected. I have dealt with this disease for more than 20+, and it has been horrid--psychologically and physically.

So, finally I found the one thing that makes me NORMAL. I thought I would never be that; you cannot know the relief that I feel.

Here are some disclosures; this is not medical advise. I am not a doctor. I think that most of them are morons anyway. (I mean come on, 20+ years to be cured by one meal a day and they did not know this?..)

People who have diabetes should not try this, without medical advise.

When nothing else did, this cured me. I am writing this because I think that I have an obligation to do so.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Thank you so very much for sharing this. What you have said is of great interest to me, for two reasons!!

My main interest is the fact that you have stated that your 'progesterone is raging' - if this is definitely the case, then there may be even more benefits to your diet than may first appear!!

Throughout my youth (I am now 54) I suffered from the symptoms of PCOS yet was never formally diagnosed. My weight, my periods, ovarian scans, blood tests were all normal. Yet I had the most awful, awful acne and excess hair problems that you can imagine. I knew that deep down something was wrong with my hormones/metabolism, yet doctors just treated it as if it were a cosmetic issue.

I am now post-menopausal and still very much suffer from excess facial hair (and I'm not talking about the odd one or two 'granny hairs' here!) And unfortunately I have just been diagnosed with a potentially serious gynae problem - endometrial hyperplasia - which is caused by excess estrogen and a lack of or absence of progesterone.

I had not linked the two conditions together but I now feel that there may be a connection. If I can raise my progesterone levels with any luck it may help both my gynae and PCOS symptoms at the same time.

I am therefore going to try your suggestion - after all I have nothing to lose. At the moment I may be facing a hysterectomy or HRT - neither of which I really want to choose and of course, I would much rather opt for a more 'natural' approach.

Thank you once again for sharing this. I will keep my fingers crossed that this may work for me and I will let you know how I get on.

• Posted

Hi Jill

My name is Annie, and for a university assignment I am writing a feature on living with PCOS in a bid to raise awareness. 

I was wondering if I could possibly ask you a few questions and hear about your story of living with PCOS. 

Your help would be truely appreciated! 

Thank you, kind regards, 

​Annie.

• Posted

Annie, I have been suffering from PCOS for 25 years now and I have been trying to find a cure as well regarding this. I'm a 36 year woman and I still want to have children. If you come across any information in your studies, please share.  As you already know this is a very hard diagnosis to swallow.

Thank you

• Posted

I have suffered with pcos since 15 now 25 I got caught pregnant when I was 18 after forgetting the pill but after birth the cysts worsend and been ttc for 3 years. Now on Provera to give me regular periods and Clomid to make me become fertile but still as yet I haven't ovulated. Is there any certain meals you ate and did your time scale differ each day? What id you do to cure your hunger? Sorry for all the questions I really want to try this so just trying to figure out. Thanks
  • Posted

I'm really interested to see how you are going now? I've been doing a meal a day for a while but on and off. Do you also do fasted cardio to help burn more fat? Have you lost weight and do you feel like you have less of an appetite to binge on bad foods?
  • Posted

Hello!

My name is Annie, and for a university assignment I am writing a feature on living with PCOS in a bid to raise awareness. 

I was wondering if I could possibly ask you a few questions and hear about your story of living with PCOS. 

Your help would be truely appreciated! 

Thank you, kind regards, 

​Annie.

• Posted

Hey there .. I wud like to know about the exercises effect too .. And the meal portions while u have the one time meal..I wud like to talk to you if u can give me ur personal email id.. regards,Vish
  • Posted

So fascinated by your post . . thankyou . . 

Can I ask how your health is now a year on?

are you still on the one meal a day?

agree its a small price to pay if it works!

Im a bit underweight if anything but prepared to give it a go.

thanks for sharing your hopefull news

• Posted

Hi asmith13431,

I am impressed by your discovery because PCOS is a horrible, nasty thing to get for us unfortunate girls :-(

I too have had it for a long long time, had my first period at 11 (37 now) & all just fell to pieces from there :'(

What sort of symptoms did you display, was insulin resistance, high androgen levels plus weight issues a thing for you too?

• Posted

I need more information about your pcos symptoms. Would you be willing to share?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.