I obsessed with my weight Help!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am severely obsessed with my weight and can’t stop. I weigh myself 2-3 times a day and get depressed and won’t eat if I go up a pound. I will only eat up to 1000 calories and only to that cause I have to to be able to go to the gym per my mom and friends rule.  I have to burn at least 411 calories a day per my personal rule. I have to have the MyFitnessPal app on my phone so my parent and friend can watch what I eat to see if I have eaten enough. So sometimes I will say I eaten more then I did just so I can work out.

Does this all sound like  anorexia? If it is What should I do about it? If it isn’t what should I do? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You seriously have to throw that scale out. Your weight can fluctuate up to 5lbs in water weight in just one day. That number will not tell you about your fat to muscle ratio. It is a waste of time and you’re setting yourself up for serious potential health conditions if you continue to obsess, undereat and overexercise. Weight loss can be a healthy goal if that’s something you want to achieve. But the truth is, if you don’t have the discipline and healthy attitude to take on a lifestyle of clean eating and healthy exercise, simply because you want a quick fix, then you’re going to end up in the viscious cycle of restricting & bingeing / losing & gaining... the ‘push and pull’ that never really gets you anywhere. And this no doubt will be having a serious effect on your mental health. Please commit to healthier habits and overtime you will develop a healthy sense of self-esteem. A self-destructive attitude genuinely gets you nowhere. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.