I Pain for 2 weeks and counting due to tonsillitis.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Started to feel something unusual when I eat or drink. I thought I gonna have sore throat and had strepsils (4packts) and the unusual feeling is still there. That's when I thought it's something different and went to see doctor. He said its tonsiltis and gave anitibiotics. After finishing 5 days of course I still have the pain. Went to see another doctor And he gave another course. Same things goes on. I finished the course but pain still there. Going through fevers at times. Didn't had proper meal for weeks and it really hurting. Some days, in fact most nights I can't sleep well due to the pain. I have random wake ups due to the pain and I cry. Last resort was going to hospital. I went there, he said deplore taking anitibiotics having fever is strange. So he took blood test, scan and urine test. All was perfect. Then he prescribed me anitibiotics again for 7 days with 3 dosages a day. I hope this really works. 

I am really a healthy person, 24 years old male. I rarely fall into sick. I didn't had this before. I exercise (esp running) a lot. It is really suprise and very depressed to hear me having this kind of sickness and suffering from it every single second. Can't event swallow my own saliva. This is torturous. This is so unfair. It's been some time since I went out. I've been at home for past weeks doing nothing. I am so so worried about my situation. My mom is being very supportive. She is the best. She tried a level best to cure to it by giving all sort of remedies such as honey lemon, home madebarley, soothing juices, herbal teas and many things. She kept constantly ask the level of painfulness. Sometimes instead living and going through such pain every second every moment, it's better not live in this world with pain. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm sure your doctor would have tested for Glandular fever,which can last for 3 weeks or so,but it may be worth checking that this has been ruled out.

• Posted

I went to 3 different Doctors (2provate 1 hospital) but sadly none could identify. I doubt it's mono. So just healing at home. 

• Posted

A GF/Mono test would be wise for sure if it hasn't been done already.

Hope you feel better soon! biggrin

• Posted

I doubt it's mono, I've been to different doctor thrice. I'm just staying home and healing. Thank you so much biggrin 

• Posted

If antibiotics isn’t helping then it must be viral.   I’ve been gargling with salt water and turmeric, which helps with the pain.  

This is truly unbearable and I completely understand how you feel.  It’s quite depressing that we have to go through this.  I’m on day 6 of pain.   But on day 2 of antibiotics. Although today, pain was the worse ever.  My glands are so swollen that it’s making my head feel like it’s going to explode.  I’m extrmely tired and coughing as well (which makes my upper chest ache).  I’m praying it’s bacterial (strep) as doctors discovered a bunch of white spots on my tonsils. Hope this antibiotic can kick it out of my system ASAP.  

Hope you feel better soon.   We all have to stay strong and hope this will soon pass. 

• Posted

Hi Jessica, with god's grace I have fully recovered. For my infection, none of the medcines worked. Day to day I drank drinks that are soothing and ate soft food that are easy to swallow. I've been drinking a lot of water. Painkiller helped at times but can't take too much as it will end up in side effects. Nevertheless it was worse journey I went through and hope not to have it again. And I wish you the same, have speedy recovery. Drink more water and gargle several times with salt and tumeric. Take care of yourself and I pray you recover soon. Thank you.  

• Posted

Yesterday my doc sent me to the ER. I highly recommend going. I was in excutiating pain for 8 days and nothing helped, couldn't eat for a week or anything! They hooked me up to an IV got me hydrated and have me a steroid and made me feel so much better. I had a sput bucket going in and didnt need one going out! They sent me home with Prednezone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.