I pee frequently, have dry mouth, and wake up very dehydrated in the mornings

Posted , 2 users are following.

About 2 years ago I intentionally overdosed on paracetamol (depression is no longer a serious issue) and about 3 months after that I've stated needing to urinate more frequently. It happened on and off (it would happen for.a week and then stop until the next month) so I didn't think anything of it , just that I maybe I was drinking too much , which admittedly wasn't true since sometimes I would be dehydrated a lot because I obsessively work on anything I am doing and usually won't stop to drink or to eat , or even shower until I'm done. So when it comes down to it all of this is my fault. anyway recently its gotten worst , u per every five or ten minutes if I can ignore the need that long , and it doesn't seem to matter that everytime I pee I drink a full bottle of water afterwards. I feel dehydrated regardless and I have a dry mouth , I don't feel tired and I don't have blurry vision. it is worse during nights , I make sure I drink as much as I can before sleeping but wake up extremely dehydrated regardless. Do you know what my problem is and is it necessary to see a doctor?

I'm 18 years old and male if that matters.

thanks in advance.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Im unable to edit this, please excuse the mistakes I've made, the biggest being at when i wrote "u per"  when I meant "I pee"

• Posted

Hi,

Firstly please don't blame yourself, to come on a discussion site and describe some things that you have been through that are personal to you is very brave and I commend you. Due to you saying you are thirsty all of the time and don't seem to be able to quench your thirst may suggest diabities.  I am not a dr however my brother is diabetic and thats how I knew what was wrong with him the peeing and drinking thing.  I stood there and watched him drink 2 pints of water one after the other then 2 mins later he was at it again.  Your dr should be able to check you for this they usually ask you to fast for the test and then take some blood then you drink this drink then wait about an hour then further bloods.  Its best to have the test to rule things out.  Do you get any pain when you pee may be worth having a sample dip tested to check for infection. I would start with them to things first then you are not overloading yourself with too much to do. I understand your obsessiveness as I am a bit like it myself, I have to drink though due to my transplant.  I have to do things in a certain way and in a certain order this is worse I have to say since my tx.  I don't mind admitting its hard letting people do stuff for me even though I have to due to an RTA injury as they don't do things the way I would, not that they are wrong or anything my way is better smile. See your dr get them things checked and ask what they think as I am only making suggestions based on experience not claiming to be medically trained although after all I have been through im nerly there unofficialy lol

• Posted

hello! ^o^

thank you so much for replying , I think you may be right in that what I have is possibly diabetes. I am planning to see a doctor, I've avoided doing so for too long. Thank you for sharing with me about yourself and your brother , I hope nothing is too serious. Thank you again, it meant a lot to hear from someone , as I've never spoken about this to anyone.

• Posted

also I'm not experiencing any pain at all while peeing and the pee is clear.

• Posted

Ah not a problem, I think you are brave. Do always talk to people and never be ashamed.  I have never suffered with issues such as depression etc but have very dear friends who I have watched stuggle and helped through some very dark times always trying to make sure that I don't do or say anything that would cause them to hurt themselves.  Thankfully with the support of friends they have come through the other side that is how I know that you should never feel that you cannot ask for help.  You will be surprised at how many people who will be there for you.  I adpated the suck it up stance quite earlt on in my life as I knew it wasn't going to be an easy ride at times.We are all different would be boring if we were the same right) I have Alports a very rare gentic disorder that makes your kidneys fail, I wasn't supposed to live past 10 and im 39 so I gave that the finger.  I was on dialysis from Dec 14 to Sep 16 and my best friend gave me one of her kidneys so she really did save my life.  Please go to the dr though its a test that won't hurt (apart from being stabbed) I have had this all of my life lol.  You will know for sure then won't you and whatever the outcome then you deal with it when you know.  Little bits at a time that way you have small bits of info to process and get used to.  Let me know how you get on please smile

• Posted

thank you again , i'm sorry to hear about your disorder and I'm glad that you've conquered it and that you're still living , its really amazing , I imagine you to be a person with an exceptional spirit and a good heart, having read what you wrote it really has given me hope. thank you for being so awesome and for helping your friends. I honestly don't have any friends and have stayed by myself all these years , but I hope for a friend like you. And I will definitely keep you posted :-)

• Posted

Aw I am just just and care for people (too much some time, but I will never stop) well you have a friend now so there you go! smile
    • Posted

hello I'm so sorry its been so long, I hope you're in good health and spirits.

I've been too busy and I wasn't able to see a doctor until today (Tuesday) It seems that diabetes is the most possible for what it is that I have and I will be doing various tests tomorrow.

Wish me luck :-)

• Posted

Hi,

Hope your'e tests went well, at least you will have a diagnosis and you will be able to start moving forwards.  Do let me know how you got on and I hope all went well smile

• Posted

thanks! I should be getting the results in a few days, a week at most. I am eager to move forward :-)
    • Posted

Were the tests that you have been putting of as bad as what you had thought they were going to be? It is good that you are being positive at least you will be able to do something about things, hopefully you can control with tablets and diet but if not you will cope with whatever you have to do.  My brother hated needles he has not choice but to like them now bless him so whatever life throws your way you will deal with it and carry on I am sure 
    • Posted

I hope I will be able to , I am okay with needles. Bless your brother indeed, I really hope I.will be able to be as strong as he his. I just really want to be ok. Anyway I can't thank you enough Helen, it's really good to be able to talk about this.

• Posted

Aw no problem we all need to talk to someone and sometimes it helps to speak with someone we don't know.  Keep me posted nothing is so bad it can't be dealt with smile

• Posted

Hello I apologize again that its been so long. It turns out I don't have diabetes , but I still have the symptoms I mentioned along with frequent back pain and occasional terrible headaches. I am back where I started, I have no idea what is wrong with me and I have to hope that it all just stops soon and I'll be able to resume ny life like how it was or rather better than it was. Thank you for talking with me Helen :-)

• Posted

I would keeping going back to the dr until you find out what is wrong.  They need to find the cause for you as feeling pain of any kind is the bodies way of saying something isn't right.  So you have confirmed it is not diabities, so back to the dr now with the question what is it then.  Do not give up until you get answers this is your life and if your pain is getting in the way you need to find out why so you can move forward x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.