I peed out blood clots, and I don't know why or what it means

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last night, as I was crawling into bed, I realized I had to pee, so I got up to go to the bathroom, but I couldn't go. It's not that it hurt; nothing would even come out at all. I spent about 2 hours walking back and forth between my bed and the toilet and still nothing.

So I decided to push a little. Then when I went to wipe, I found a tiny blood clot on the toilet paper. I made sure that this was in fact coming from my urethra, and it is not my period or any spotting. As time went on, I would push, the pain would slowly increase, then I'd pass a clot, along with some mucus. They slowly began getting bigger as well. This happened repeatedly all night. Around 6 am, I was finally able to pee normally, but it hurt like hell.

I didn't have any upper body pain in my kidney area. I did feel pressure around my bladder/pelvic area, but that's it. I don't know if i passed a stone or if this is a UTI (it no longer hurts to pee, everything has gone back to normal now, oddly enough).

I'm a 24 year old female, I've never had children or any surgeries, I haven't been ill as of late, and I'm very conscious of my water intake.

Any ideas as to what this could be?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I don't know what this is but my advice would be to see a Doctor.  Best to be safe.XX
  • Posted

hi mmcgirr0 could you have been pregnant an not known ? if you were it could have been a miscarriage as my daughter had the same , if it was me go to your gp to get yourself check . 
    • Posted

Considering that these clots came from my urethra and not my vagina (as stated in my post), it is not a miscarriage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.