I quit citalopram and I’m glad I did

Posted , 9 users are following.

I hated the way I felt! I hated having to wait on results .. I wanted almost instant relief!!!!

I wanted to try something more natural without any crazy side effects.. especially when I decide to quit...

So I did my research..  marijuana kept popping up... friends kept telling me to smoke with them but I hated the head change

I’ve been on CBD for 3 weeks. I feel so much better.  Anxiety  is almost not even there..

I’ll be very honest.. I work in the healthcare field and there was s**t that happend today that would usually stress me out! But I took a dosage ofCBD this morning before I started my shift and... I’ll be very honest.. when all the stressful events happend.. I was not atresssed at all.. I had the mentality that I could get the s**t done... and guess what?

I GOT MY S**T DONE. Lol! No but really.. I was able to finish my task without being so stressed!

I honestly want you guys to consider CBD..maybe with a little THC 😏... but either way ... it helped me out in ways that... I couldn’t even imagine it could..

I usually have social anxiety but I have been able to hold conversations lately without stuttering so much../ without caring about what people think of me... I’ve had so much energy lately.. I’ve been able to think clearly and stay focused..

This is just the start.. imagine what it can help for you smile I hope you guys would consider this.. because after my experience with celexa/ citalopram.. I’m NEVER going back to that.

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I tried citalopram over 4 months, made me twice as worse than when I started it. 7 weeks of raging anxiety, that didn't let up, was so bad I never felt tired at all for whole 7 weeks. I got some cbd oil, and took it while on citalopram. Didn't notice any difference. Have now just gone up to 150mg of immediate release venlafaxine. That at least makes me feel good after taking it for a few hours. Odd, as i was expecting a snri to make me more anxious. Makes me a bit alert after taking it, but it's a pleasurable feel. How long did it take for cbd oil to start working, and could I take it with venlafaxine?

• Posted

So that's good your getting sone type of relief..so happy for you..

• Posted

Hello lois, thanks. Really plumbed the depths the last 10 days. Oddly though, just had my first feel good moment a couple of hours ago. That after staying in bed all day yesterday. Felt just as bad today, did some work, which made me Worse, led down and it came from nowhere. Feels fake, and know it will be gone tomorrow, but that's how it starts. To be honest, had a weaker one on Friday, but didn't think much of it. Today's was stronger. Taking ven so far seems to suit me. No side effects, and as immediate release, it feels nice after an hour. My taper was horrendous, too long in my opinion, got me so down. Been on ven for 4 weeks now, 37.5 mg two weeks, 75mg 2 weeks, and now 150 for 5 days. Until todays sign, no side effects, but hadnt done anything for depression. Lets hope it gets to work on depression now. Cbd worth a go, edibles seem best. Tried vaping it for a few days, but felt nothing. It's supposed to take a few weeks to work like an anti depressant, and with no immediate feel good feeling, takes a lot of belief to carry on with it

• Posted

Ven doseage was after 4 weeks of reducing cit. An 8 week period to go from one dose of cit, to a similar one of ven.
    • Posted

Hello lois, 10 days on 150mg of ven now, after previous lower doses with cit, during taper. No adverse effects, miniscule improvement in depression. Dont feel quite so hopeless. Few fleeting moments of feeling okay last week. Still enjoy feeling of taking it , so that must be a bonus, and better functioning at work. Start of cit brought a couple of good days quite early on, though mood swings happened a lot more. Ven seems to be taking longer, but feel a little more secure in myself. Looking back though, a decent improvement from 2 weeks ago, when felt tragically down. Ven seems slower, but more stable for me. Hating the waiting game all over again. Seem to be accepting my limitations better at this point though. Reckon these are positive signs? Think improvements with ven may be slower, but more stable myself. Would value your opinion. Thanks.
    • Posted

As long as your seen improvements that's lovely ..as long as your not seeing same celexa drama your on your way to recovery...so happy for you..

• Posted

Oh wow this sounds pretty promising! I’m on day one of coming off citalopram, after only 17 days of it it’s made me have some super dark thoughts and depression has really been tough😥

My boyfriend keeps telling me to get some CBD oil, I’m tempted but I’m scared cause I’ve never had it before. Where do you get it from?x

• Posted

When it comes to CBS you need to do you're research before you start. First thing you need to answer is are you subject to random drug testing? If so what type of screening 5 panel or 10 panel? If you are and it is a 5 panel you just want to make sure that you use a blend that is 100% THC. Many brands still use some THC in their CBD oils because they believe it performs better that way, but it is such a low amount you will not get high but may show up on this test. From what I understand 10 panel test will be able to differentiate and you should be ok. Either way you would want to go with a blend that is very low in THC just to be safe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.