I really dont know whats goin on..... UC is takin over my life....

Posted , 8 users are following.

I found out in August that i had ulcerative colitis an i been on so many different pills thats its bazaar... Im only on enemas now...once every night...but i eally dont know how to describe what has happen to me since i found out what i had...for starters i developed depression an major anxiety... i feel like a mental patient. Tonight I've experience something i never felt before. I was walking in Walmart an all of a sudden my abdominal area felt like it was burning an like a sensation then came over my body then i eneded up having an anxiety attack...immediately after that i had to rush to the bathroom to have a running bowel movement which still had blood in it... each time i have to go to the bathroom now i get this feeling that sends my body into an anxiety episode.... Has anyone ever experience anything like this before??? I feel alone an i dealing with this by myself... im stress to the max an i was told to turn to a shrink...can anyone relate?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Stressing can make things 1,000x worse, but not stressing is always easier said then done. It sounds like your symptoms are not being managed, as you still are having problems (urgency, blood.) Could it be that you feel anxious because you're not sure if you will find, or make it to the bathroom in time? I know I feel that a lot. I think having anxiety over the anxiety also will make it worse. Definitely try and find a IBD group in your community (local hospital) that you could just go to and chat with other people who have IBD. It will probably do more good than going to a shrink. You are definitely not the only one who feels this way. Best of luck!
    • Posted

Thats great advice thanks cause i thought i was the only one....my anxiety is really out of control...stress is my biggest problem...i never know what to expect next...sigh...thanks again
  • Posted

Have you ever tried to change your diet? With dietician approval look at FODMAP or more extreme breaking the vicious cycle book. GP's ignore food, but it's your digestive system.... It worked a good bit for me. I'm not clear, but I'm 50% better.

• Posted

Yes i did dramatically an still same results... infact im now under weight.... smh
  • Posted

Hi, I think you should go back to see your consultant, it's a stressful disease and your getting more stressed wondering what's happening to you, you don't need to see a shrink, worrying will make your condition worse and if there blood in your stools it sounds as though you have infection and need antibiotics, drink plenty of water and rest as much as possible. X
    • Posted

Thanks so much i think i should...but im thinking of lookin for a new gastro doc...
  • Posted

Hi mzmcgee

Dont feel like your on your own with this ghastly disease we are all in it together on this site. There are lots of things you can try but unfortunately what works for one may not work for the other. Firstly try not to stress is does make it worse. Im a 56yr old man who has had this for a year now and just like you it has overtaken my life. When you go out shops etc know where your loos are in advance, it helps relieve your mind of what if i need to go, also carry Andrex washlets with you and i now where the wifes panty liner things! they are a life saver if you have a mishap! as far as meds go it seems a bit lucky dip on whether you get prescibed the right one that works for you? I have now started taking Charcoal Tablets along with my prescribed meds and there seem to be doing something because there have been changes in my stools!  they are only cheap £3.70 for 100 tabs from your local chemist. But diet is also important go for a low carb diet plan if you can and nothing high fibre its not good for us poo bums! Try and stay cool and find out where all your local loos are.

Good Luck Terry.

• Posted

Thanks Terry... yea i wear the liners everyday lol...they are very handy
  • Posted

Hi your not alone, I think most folk with this disease have anxiety or stress and this condition causes both!  Follow advice from those on here I have and although this horrible disease does rule and take over your life just coming on here and sharing really does help.  A shrink will really help with emotional things I use one once a year for 4 sessions and that really helps.  Hope you fell better soon smile
    • Posted

Yes i agree this site really helps cause now i know im not alone...an yes it changed my life dramatically... but im trying everyday... its very hard an difficult.. thanks
  • Posted

YES, I have had the exact same thing happen to me, and it was a day after I had a colonoscopy. but yes I had a panic attack i went all numb and got really sweaty and had to run for the toilet. I know exctly how you feel I too feel like I have developed depression and im isolating myself from my friends. and im not really sure what to do about it. I am blaming it on the steroids i have been on since august which in my opinion is a long time to be on them rolleyes I hope things get better for you! 

Keep in touch! much love xx

• Posted

Thanks i hope the same for u too...yea i dont go out my house much but when i do i get antsy tryin to get back home...dont want any accidents in public....i use to be a people person now i feel anti social... ughh...this is really bad...i cant help but to be depressed.... sigh

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.