I really need help!

Posted , 11 users are following.

Dear all,

6 months ago I was diagnosed with EARLY chronic Pancreatitis. The last few weeks I've been having the following complaints:

- incredible headaches

- extreme brain fog - I can barely wake up/

- cannot feel my legs, they are VERY heavy.

- pain in wrists

- neck pain

What the hell is going on? I'm worried I may not wake up...! Please help, I really would appreciate it. Thanking you all in advance.

1 like, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It's me again.

I'm getting major stabbing pain let side that just won't go away. Anyway. I have a question....If all scans come back negative and I'm told that my pancreas is not the problem - I was told I have IBS and fybromalgia. BUT if this is the pancreas which is the problem, which I believe it is, why does the pancreas create pain and not show up as damaged?? thanks everyone!

• Posted

Hi John,

It is a very difficult disease to diagnose. I think you should go back to your Gp have you had Endoscopy that does tell a lot of things gallbladder ect I believe.

Best wishes

Emma

• Posted

Hi Emma I think I found you on Facebook I sent you a message. Can you please check your inbox. I have lots I'd like to ask you about this condition!
    • Posted

Hi Emma,

Through endoscopy 15 months ago they said "suspected chronic pancreatits" They told me the pancreas didn't look correct, no damage, no calcification, nothing.... I went for a 2nd opinion and they said it was nonsense. Had MRI, came back negative. Had PET/CT of full body also negative. Stool test negative...but I still have the pain in that area....!

I feel lost....

• Posted

Hi Jon,

I too was suspected of early chronic pancreatitis/ resolving acute injury. My endoscopic ultrasound showed hyperechoic strands on the body of my pancreas, meaning the tissue is dense.

Was wondering how you are feeling at this point? My understanding is that our condition is reverisble, since no major damage was shown on EUS. Hopefully you have been taking precautions: low fat diet, small meals, no drinking/smoking etc.

I have been following my healthy regimen for 3 months now, and I feel a little better everyday, though not completely healed. The goal is to not be classified as chronic!

Pain means inflammation! We may not have chronic inflammation yet so be disciplined and believe you can heal! The mind is strong and so is the human body!

Best wishes,

Eric

• Posted

By having my blood sample sent abroad I have been diagnosed with having Lyme disease. Now I need to figure if this has caused all my problems for teh past 2 years or if I have Lyme + a pancreatic problem! Hope everyone is ok.
    • Posted

Wow. Why couldn't you have the bloods tested I'm uk for lymes?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.