I really need help with this problem. It’s stopping me from living life as normal!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve been struggling with these symptoms over the past few days, I really want answers as to what this is because I can’t find anything at all online! sad

1. Loss of sense of pain & Sense of pain increased - some things that would normally hurt don’t and some things that usually wouldn’t hurt do 

2. Sense of touch delayed - feels like I can feel something before my brain realises it’s happened ie touching someone, I can feel that sensation of touching them before I realise I have touched them

3. Pulsating waves of low pain/tingling over body - most consuming symptom, feels like someone is beating me like a drum 

4. Loss of sense of balance - stumbling over or feeling dizzy/off balance

5. Sense of touch confusion - feels as if I’m constantly hitting something when I’m walking but if I ask the person I’m with if I’ve hit something, I haven’t 

I really hope someone has some sort of idea, even if you don’t could you comment any suggestions on what I should do following this? Thanks sad

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Have you been to your GP?
    • Posted

No I haven’t been to my GP yet, do you think I should go? I’m the kind of person who puts off going to the GP until the last minute 
    • Posted

I really think that you have passed  the last minute now and need to see your GP urgently. If you cannot get an urgent appointment go to A&E, ER if in America..You may get faster treatment via A&E   

The Pill can obviously have side effects but yours don't seem to fit a pattern.

• Posted

Okay if I still have an episode of this tomorrow I will see my GP. Thank you 
    • Posted

See him anyway. Things like that should not happen and if it happens again he will then take it more seriously

Sleep well.

• Posted

Have you been on any medications recently ?
    • Posted

I’m only on the combined contraceptive pill 
    • Posted

Do you think medications could have these side effects? 
    • Posted

Yes, many do very strange things often after being in your system for some time but we are not trained here and just go on personal experiences. I have an unknown type of neuropathy in my lower left leg after being prescribed two types of antibiotics several times. Two cardiac drugs also caused severe symptoms long after stopping them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.