I received msg that has Helpful links from Moderator

Posted , 6 users are following.

Below is where you can find all of the individual profile pages and what they do. You can get to your own profile page by clicking on your name on any post. If you want to view another user's profile click on their name.

• Your own profile page shows recent Badges, Groups joined and recent activity with links through to full lists.
  • Clicking "View all" next to Badges and Groups sections takes to to full lists for both of these.
  • Clicking "All" in Activity section on your profile page takes you to the full Activity page here which lists everything you have done in the forums.
  • Clicking "Replies" in Activity section on your profile page takes you to a list of all of your replies with a snippet of what was posted. At the moment this will only show your 40 most recent replies as the Load more at bottom is not working.
  • Clicking "Discussions" in Activity section on your profile page takes you to a list of all of your discussions The page you land on are all of the discussions you have started with a tab option at the top to show the discussions you are following. At the moment a maximum of 20 will display as the pagination to show more is not there.
  • The Notifications link at the top right of every page takes you to a list of your notifications. This list reflects any emails that you should receive and can be used if there are any issues with emails not being received etc.

I hope this helps until we get these pages up and running fully again. I have passed on feedback received about these and along with those suggestions I have also suggested a few other changes to make these pages more useful and easier to see what each entry is about.

Regards,

Alan

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

let me try cut&paste again...

below is where you can find all of the individual profile pages and what they do. You can get to your own profile page by clicking on your name on any post. If you want to view another user's profile click on their name.

Your own profile page shows recent Badges, Groups joined and recent activity with links through to full lists.

Clicking "View all" next to Badges and Groups sections takes to to full lists for both of these.

Clicking "All" in Activity section on your profile page takes you to the full Activity page here which lists everything you have done in the forums.

Clicking "Replies" in Activity section on your profile page takes you to a list of all of your replies with a snippet of what was posted. At the moment this will only show your 40 most recent replies as the Load more at bottom is not working.

Clicking "Discussions" in Activity section on your profile page takes you to a list of all of your discussions The page you land on are all of the discussions you have started with a tab option at the top to show the discussions you are following. At the moment a maximum of 20 will display as the pagination to show more is not there.

The Notifications link at the top right of every page takes you to a list of your notifications. This list reflects any emails that you should receive and can be used if there are any issues with emails not being received etc.

I hope this helps until we get these pages up and running fully again. I have passed on feedback received about these and along with those suggestions I have also suggested a few other changes to make these pages more useful and easier to see what each entry is about.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

below is where you can find all of the individual profile pages and what they do. You can get to your own profile page by clicking on your name on any post. If you want to view another user's profile click on their name.

•Your own profile page shows recent Badges, Groups joined and recent activity with links through to full lists.

•Clicking "View all" next to Badges and Groups sections takes to to full lists for both of these.

•Clicking "All" in Activity section on your profile page takes you to the full Activity page here which lists everything you have done in the forums.

•Clicking "Replies" in Activity section on your profile page takes you to a list of all of your replies with a snippet of what was posted. At the moment this will only show your 40 most recent replies as the Load more at bottom is not working.

•Clicking "Discussions" in Activity section on your profile page takes you to a list of all of your discussions The page you land on are all of the discussions you have started with a tab option at the top to show the discussions you are following. At the moment a maximum of 20 will display as the pagination to show more is not there.

•The Notifications link at the top right of every page takes you to a list of your notifications. This list reflects any emails that you should receive and can be used if there are any issues with emails not being received etc.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

thanks for all the links/info!

any advice ad to how to send attachments/pics? I've tried to do so several times only to have my entire post "wiped away", leaving me to have to repost....again and again and again!

could use your input!

• Posted

Ok, when you press "Reply" you will get a box for text. Just above you should see several icons and the one for adding pictures looks like profile of the mountain with moon.!

See the arrow? ... File manager box will pop up and then you search for the picture on your drive ( I am doing this on my PC). I noticed that there is a bug with inserting picture. It inserted link to pic in my original reply and also started new message at the top of the thread. So I had to delete new message and find my original reply to you and continue to type below the picture ... That is how I posted this picture

• Posted

hi nick...thx for your response. I've tried doing exactly what you recommended, and alas, the very same thing happened....my post got wiped away! could it be that I'm on an Android and nit a computer?....it's all I've got.

also, while I've got your ears, your's is the 1st (and only) email I've received in hours which is not typical!

are we starting to have problems again??

I try 2 check in every 2-3 hrs (even if I don't have an email) just to see if anything's goin on.....I hope all is well with YOU (and the forum)!😁

• Posted

hi again Nick....it's been several hours and Still not receiving any emails or notifications! this seems to be the only thread I am able to jump on at the moment, so once again I'm reaching. out to you for advice!

are you aware of any "messing around" anybody's doing right now??

come on now.....get your mind outta the 'gutter'!!😷

please let me know...thx, L

• Posted

My wife tells me that i spend too much time on the computer 😃... I went for a nice bike ride after I sent you message. I am back now. I did not get any new message. In fact I only see just one message from you on my notification page... After I went to discussion I see you posted 2x, so there is a possibility that site is not completely up or people are not posting because of the problems and changes on this forum. Who knows? But is seems that you got "addicted" to this forum and need your "fix" (messages) at least several times a day 😃

• Posted

Sadly, you maybe (and I'm only sayin MAYBE)😇 right about that! I got "stuck" with this new disease, which I'd never Even heard of before and knew nothing about, and now I'm bound and determined to find out as much as I can while still maintaining my sanity!!

Besides that...

.my cable's out!! No tv on a Friday night makes for a "cranky" person!😣⚡

• Posted

What?!! No TV? 😃 that is one of mine addictions... I get Netflix over internet . As far as being interested in PMR information, that is understandable... With few exceptions, none of us knew about it. This is the place to learn. I read every post to learn different prospective/ variation of the illness. You will learn a lot, but one thing to keep in mind, it is very individual, so you have to learn how to recognize YOUR symptoms and react to it properly. After a year or so you will know and the anxiety will go away...

• Posted

Often when someone posts several times in the same thread it doesn't notify several times, it notifies that (for example) lynda62707 posted in thread A (6x). It does notify if they replied to different people within that thread - note the differentiation between replying to the thread in general and specific people within that thread with the nesting principle.

Lynda - you have to accept that if they are to work on the site it possibly will be "down" during the US daytime. You also have to accept that posts tend to come in lumps depending where in the world is likely to be online on the 24 hours. This isn't an ongoing conversation like you chatting with a friend using Messenger. The more often you post panicking you aren't getting messages, the more confusing the situation becomes. Say something once and then be patient - no-one in Europe will be replying to you in the US when we are in bed. Then we reply during our day when YOU are in bed. That's just the way an online forum is, they are all the same.

• Posted

LOL..

.you're so RIGHT about tv. it too is my guilty pleasure!

been able to bring up a few things on u-tube...Rachel maddow for sure and J. Kimmel....(Colbert's on vacation this week😣.

I too, read all the posts (that I'm able to find!)....and have gained So much insight into what the hec is happening!

I'll continue to do so just as long as this site keeps rolling along!

Fingers Crossed!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.