I recently discovered I have partially lost feeling in my second last toe. What should I do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I recently was laying down in bed, and as I brushed my left foot over my right one, I noticed some numbness in my second last toe (beside my pinky) on the top, that spreads to a small portion of the top of my foot. I thought maybe I was just laying funny and it had fallen asleep, but the numbness is persisting. My toe is not completely numb but more like 60-70%, if i pinch it i can still feel a bit of pain. The best way I could describe it would be to compare it to the numbness caused by dental freezing.

It has been a few days since I discovered it, but unfortunately I'm not too sure how long it has been like this, it's not exactly very noticeable. The sole of my foot and the bottom of that toe is fine, it just seems to be the top of my second last toe, and the small portion of my foot that it extends to. If I tap the front of my ankle near the joint at a specific area, I get some sort of response that goes from my ankle where I am tapping it, to what feels like the tip of the toe that has lost feeling.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I had this and noticed it getting worse after long distance running It was a compressed nerve in my ankle. Eventually dx as Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.