I Recommend Simple Eye Ointment for Blepharitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

About four weeks ago I found my usual blepharitis remedy, lacrilube, was out of stock, had been recalled and was no longer available.  i used to swear by it and was in a right flap as felt certain I wouldn't be able to replace it with anything nearly as effective.  However even with the repeated use of lacrilube I did get flare ups some of which were quite painful and hard to shift.  But up until that time I had not found anything nearly as helpful.

So after some trial and error I stumbled across Simple Eye OIntment and was told it was about as thick in consistency as my former lacrilube and ordered some to try out.  Well the results are really very good indeed, as I apply it I would say every couple of nights and very occasionally in the mornings and I have found I have not had one single serious flare since I started it and the small amount of gunkiness and watering and soreness I DO get seems to be easily remedied by using the Simple eye ointment.

So after three and a bit weeks I've had no flare ups and am very pleased with it as a product to ease the bleph, and will continue to use it and even if lacrilube comes back I would be hard put to change now from the Simple.  I strongly recommend blepharitis sufferers try it out.  With best wishes, Fiona

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

After reading an article about the human demodex mite I decided to use a non-soap cleanser at night and chose the Nivea E45 Emollient Wash Cream and so far after three weeks, have had good results.  In the morning I shower with Capasal shampoo to wash around the eyes in particular.  So far, all has been well.
  • Posted

Hi Fiona,

Thank you so much.  Where do you buy it and how do you apply it?

• Posted

Hi, i think any Boots chemist but i get mine on prescription as im exempt from charges. You just rub it along the lids.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.