I relapsed on nicotine after 6 months and my dizzy spells and shortness of breath have emerged

Posted , 3 users are following.

After being a smoker for 9 years I finally quit cold turkey afraid I had copd. While I was told I didn't, I was proud I had quit. 6 months later I had an innocent drag from a cigar and thought I was stronger. It turned into multiple cigars a day until I finally bought a pack and started back how I was. A pack a day for the last 2 weeks. My dizzy spells came back pretty harshly to where every day by noon I was dizzy all day. Then the shortness of breath is back and by this time every evening it's worse. Is it linked to smoking? I can't be naive to think it's not, but it really fears me. I am so short of breath now and I'm just resting. Could I have any illness? Or could my body just really be rejecting the smoke so much more?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The answer is clear, you stopped you felt better, your now smoking again and all the smoking related effects are back, its a shame you thought you could have a puff but you can't because it doesn't take long to become a fully fledged smoker with all the horrendous side effects.

Stop now and at least any harm you have done you know you can rid your self of, carry on and eventually there will come a time when if you do stop you will not rid yourself of the horrid symptoms.

Well done you for managing 6 months, just know that there is no way to just have the odd one is there, onwards and upwards and may NOPE be your by word.

2017 will be the start of the rest of your life as a no smoker.

• Posted

Hi Tamara.I also smoked a cigarette the other day after 8 months free.I have not smoked another as It is so darn easy to get sucked back in.I would really try to put down the cigarettes and make an appointment with your GP.It could be your circulatory system being challenged by smoking .Good to be sure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.