I scared my anxiety is coming back

Posted , 4 users are following.

my anxiety has always been centered around my health and the health of my family and loved ones lately I've been fine my life has been going ok but lately I've been getting these worries about me getting older ( I'm 30 ) and I'm so scared of losing my mom and auntie they're healthy but I'm just scared I dont want to lose them and I know I sound like an idiot but my mom is my entire world if I lose her I might as well die myself but I dont want to worry I want to go back to being normal

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel. When I was your age and younger, and even older, I thought I would die if anything ever happened to my mother. She was my entire world. I never wanted to go to school because I just wanted to be by her at all times because I loved her more than words can say.

chances are that they have many more years left so my advice to you is stop the worrying because you are wasting every day by doing that and you can’t get it back. every day you wake up, be grateful that you have them in your life! Enjoy them! I wasted so much time with worry and it does absolutely no good. There’s no point in it. In fact, it makes your life miserable and then you’re missing out on enjoying your life with them.

whether we like it or not, there is a circle of life. That’s the way it was planned by our creator and we need to have faith that we will all be together one day.

also, as you get older and have your own family things change. Of course you still love your mother the same, but you become so involved in your immediate family. That’s what happened to me although I always made time for my mother. When she passed away in her 80s it was very sad, but I know my journey with her on earth maybe over but not for eternity.

you are young now, but as we get older we get stronger that way and understand it better. You’re going to be OK, just enjoy life with them and be grateful you have them in your life! ❤

• Posted

I know I go thru bouts of that feeling where I'm so scared and worried that my parents will pass. They are 80 so I know it's coming. But still I get depressed and teary eyed. Thankfully I haven't had those kind of thoughts in awhile BUT just wanted to tell you , you are not alone and not an idiot for those thoughts!!! Just trust they are happy and healthy as you are and keep living life the best you can...

• Posted

i know how it feels to have anxiety. i was also diagnosed of having that with panic attack. and its been on and off since 3 months after my surgery (tvh) i learned minfulness, deep breathing exercise and muscle relaxation. maybe this can help yu too. i also had cbt and attending to support group in our place under the mental heath assn. of our city. i am getting well. Hope you find yourself too. btw, i had my tvh jan 2018 and i am 63.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.