I should not have googled...

Posted , 3 users are following.

so the past 2 nights I've slept horrible waking up basically every hour I remember dreaming a lot so at least I slept then I read something about a guy not sleeping and he died so now I'm scared I'll never sleep again and die ;( I even took zzzquil last night but that didn't help I'm gonna take a half of lorazepam to see if that helps ugh I'm so scared and tired ;( plz pray I can sleep PLEASEE

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I usually sleep 4 or 5 hours and can go back to sleep but not anymore ;(
  • Posted

You need to sleep but don't fear death, fear depression if you can't sleep.

Get some Lavender oil and do some deep breathing.  Instead of Lorezapam take 3mg of melatolin. Take a warm bath with Epson salt first, then get the oil if not do some deep breathing, listen to sleeping music and take the melatolin.  Next time get natural melatolin by sitting under the sun for 20 minutes ( if you have any sun where you live)

• Posted

okay I'll ask my be to get some from work smile thank u
    • Posted

bf* the Suns already going down over here sad I just feel like my brain forgot how to sleep
  • Posted

Yes, I took zoloft for a few days and for 5 nights I totally forgot how to sleep as well.  It was like I did not need to sleep at all.  Sure, in my case it was the medication.   Melatolin is safe if you take it as needed, is a hormone and is not a vitamin like many people think but is safe as long as you do not abuse it.    But you need to let it go, fear is not your friend so you need to let it go.  Think positive and good about yourself and instead of watching TV before bed, read a book.
  • Posted

I did, 10 hours in 5 nights so my Doc changed the medication before I ended up with depression.  My main problem was health anxiety, not depression.  He gave me xanax 0.05mg and I took 1MG melatolin and slept 7 hours.   Sure, now I take Diazepam (low dose) and when I want to sleep a little more I take 1.5MG melatolin and use a diffuser with Lavender essential oil. 
    • Posted

ugh I'm just scared I won't sleep right stupid anxiety I'm even trying to nap right now no such luck;(
    • Posted

Do a google search for Anxiety & Depression Relief - Sleep Hypnosis  Just lay back in bed and listen to it.  Don't think, just relax. ;-) Do the deep briething to get your started when you lay back.
  • Posted

Hi, Antsy:  I wouldn't worry too much about the article you read.  The man probably had sleep apnea, a condition where you actually forget to breathe in your sleep.  My suggestion would be for you to have a sleep test...If it comes back ok...you have nothing to worry about...Hope this helps...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.