I skipped one dose and I feel awful for 3 days already

Posted , 3 users are following.

On Friday I forgot to take my medicine and I had a tough situation with my husband (again!) and I was distracted. When I realised - it was already Saturday morning and then I took the pill (I take 20mg citalopram). So the break was about 36 hours. After I took the pill on Sat - I decided not to take another one the same day and the next one I took already on Sunday evening. So again about 36hrs break.

On Sunday I felt AWFUL, like at the beginning. Anxiety, fatigue, sorrow...Awful! It is Tuesday already and it got a little better (now I take citalopram religiously at the fixed hour:) but I still feel weak. Like no energy, tired, sad, depressed...Can it still be readjusting mechanism or rather my life events took a toll?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

you did the right thing by only taking the one tablet - i've done this before by accident, too. those feelings will ease and you'll soon be back to normal. it's a bit scary the impact one tablet can make!

i'm currently suffering bad anxiety due to a lot of relationship issues and struggling to motivate myself and see people. i've become quite withdrawn - do you have any tips?

• Posted

Hi Shorthair! Thank you for your comment. I am better and better with each hour. I think citalopram did that to me...I am VERY sensitive for side effects and I know I will have to withdraw veeery slowly.

My best tip is to force yourself. I remember May and June when I LITERALLY couldn't get out of bed - I started citalopram and had HUGE side effects. Anxiety, fatigue, panic attacks...I was in horrible shape. I was at the verge of divorce back then. And thought of going to the work was both funny and scary. But I remember my mother told me that I should get up and go, otherwise I will fall apart. And each day I was getting up with such difficulty...I was dressing myself for like 30 minutes...But I was going out. And you know what? It was the best I could do, seriously. I was distracting myself from my problems, in some time I started even to laugh again...And I didnt notice when side effects went away...

• Posted

hi

cit definitely was the cause of your blip. i, too, am extremely sensitive and the slightest thing sends me haywire so I completely understand how you felt.

i upped my dose by 5mg in July 19 whilst dealing with our problems. i take 10mg one day and 5mg the next (i had been on 10mg evrry other day for 6 years). i was made redundant last July, too so haven't been able to cope with getting another job.

how you went to work with the side effects is beyond me - you must be very strong because I could barely leave the house initially.

anxiety is an all consuming thing and I do realise we have to constantly do the opposite of what our brains are telling us.

relationship issues have knocked me sideways.

• Posted

i have a bag of them and occasionally have a handful in a bath - do they help?

• Posted

they calm your system, they help with pain, sleep and anxiety!

• Posted

thanks for the advice Toria -do you put a cup full in the bath? i'll try anything that eases this. Dr had prescribed propranalol and I actually tried one today....felt if ease the adrenaline. have you tried these?

• Posted

hey, yes i have but im currently withdrawing so super sensitive to meds, the only things that seem to help are epsom salts, exercise, music, nature and walking, yes a cup full and soak for around twenty minutes, let me know if it helps x

• Posted

couldn't agree more with all those - I walk every day to try & help this. Will let you know 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.