I sprained my knee while playing soccer and healed after 1 month and got back to playing.

Posted , 3 users are following.

But later i again sprained it when i was walking and went to the doctor and did a MRI, it showed nothing, and the doctor said to do knee quadriceps exercises. But even after months the pain hasn't gone away. Then the doctor said to do another 3T MRI, which also showed nothing and has told me to continue doing the exercise, but i still have knee pain.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Happened to me four times in my 50's. Four events (2X each knee)...four MRIs...four "nothings". This was followed by for knee scopes which found two meniscus tears and two occasions of a ripped femoral condyle cartilage. Simple ops...fast recoveries. MRIs are not good at detecting soft tissue damage. The good news is that the knee is structurally sound. I would look for an orthopedic group that specializes in sports injuries. They are usually linked to local high school, college and pro teams.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.