I started celexa Tuesday. 2 pills in and I’m panicking

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had anxiety and panic attacks for about 8 years. I have taken celexa before and it helped so much. i've been off for about 2 years but started back Tuesday and today I am a mess. Shaky, foggy feeling, tingling and nauseated. I just need some reassurance. I Dont remember it being such a hard effect last time I started. Im on 20 mg. Is this all normal? Anything I can do to help so I can make it thu the bad.

When should some of this stop?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

not Tuesday, Monday. Ive taken 2 doses

• Posted

I Amy yes unfortunately it's normal for most of us. I had two and half months of various symptoms/side effects. From shaking, chills, hot flashes, empty head, feeling of something crawling under the skin, stiff neck, feeling more anxious especially in the morning, vivid dreams etc You will have good days and some bad ones. Try to be patient and stay strong eventually it works.

This group is fantastic when you feel hopeless and scared.

Hope you feel better soon

• Posted

THANK YOU! Im thinking of taking off work the remainder of the week to hopefully have some time to adjust.

• Posted

Hi Amy,citrolopram will give you side effects for 8/10 weeks ,so persevere and soon it will work.

• Posted

Will they be this strong the whole 8-10 weeks? or will it come and go or progressively get better?

• Posted

Mine lessened after 8-10 days. Still had side effects for 4-6 weeks but they were milder. As long as you undrrstand that these blips are only side effects, it wont be as bad. When they hit, just reassure yourself they will pass and keep busy. Like you, I was a mess. It does get better. Morning anxiety is usually the last thing to go. Insomnia was bad at first for me, but sleep soon improved. Hang in there with it. As always this group is always here for reassurance. Stay with your dosage and give it ample time to work. Doctors are always in a rush to increase dosages. This in turn only causes more side effects and readjustments.

• Posted

I had horrendous time the second time around and started on a lower dose. Sorry to say that it took me about a month before the side effects begun to subside. I stuck at it though and I'm glad I did. Life is good again now. I must admit to having suicidal thoughts because of the side effects but this forum kept me going. I was also fortunate to have a supportive GP. The forum and doc helped me accept that things would get better and they really have. Good luck.

• Posted

hey

what side effects did u have that made u feel suicidal ! just wondering if its anything like me

x

• Posted

overwhelming anxiety, unable to eat, unable to sleep, feelings of hopelessness, wanting to cry, not able to concentrate on anything, no energy and my body twitching at times.

• Posted

yeah same !! how long did u have that for ! im 8 weeks tomorrow i still have anxiety all day low levels but i can still tell its there i get the twitching too i have no motivation to do anything and just a off feeling x

• Posted

I think it was about 6 weeks but i hasten to add we all react differently. It really is worth hanging in as I'm so much better now. My "recovery" started very slowly and I was able to take some food. By some food I mean a bite or two from a sandwich. My doc also recommended drinking lucozade. Not sure if you have that were you are. Keep at it Lyn. Dont waste those 8 weeks by giving up. It WILL ease x

• Posted

hi amy

im on 10mgs i was a horrendous wreck when i stared back 7 weeks ago i was beyond anything sane ! im not 100% but i am starting to feel a bit better but i am having blips where some days are worse and its scary but they pass to where it might not seen that weird or intense as the day before ! this forum will tell u things the doctors cannot stay on here and read read !!!

please update us on how you are

lynne xxxx

• Posted

Thank you! Today I started feeling a little better but nowhere near perfect! I'll keep pushing through

• Posted

hi dubry

slightly getting better how are you doing ?

this is horrendous isnt it

how did we get here x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.