I started experiencing pain when i walked in the to...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started experiencing pain when i walked in the top part of my right leg (in the crease where my leg joined my pelvis)I would have my husband rub it. It is very sore-- like a bad pulled muscle--but much more tender. Then the pain started radiating to the side of my leg. It hurts bad when i move my leg quickly inward and outward. A sharp piercing pain in the hip and side of the leg. The pain eases when i lie down-- but when i get up in the morning Iam so sore and stiff in the hip and the very top of my leg. I finally went to the dr.--because the pain was getting so bad. when i sit down i have a hard time getting up. Also, when i lift my leg to get in the car the pain is brutal. anyway, the orthopedic dr. ordered an MRI of both my hip and lower back. it showed the pain is coming from the lumbar region of my back. I have degenerative disc disease. the discs have collapsed and are pressing on the nerves that radiate to the area i described. please somebody that has the same problem write me back and tell me your story. i am 42 yrs old -- not old enough to be down like this. give me some info if you can.

[i:e18195ba71]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:e18195ba71]

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI there all

I experienced anxiety the past couple of days, as things going over and over, as my doctor saying well your hip problem can be due to your CHD and then the next visit as I had a x-ray and spacing showed \"It could be early signs of Osteoarthritis\" and then it was \"its probably the nerves leading from your ddd causing your hip pain???? WHICH ONE IS IT THEN, YOU SAY TO YOURSELF..... It is so frustrating when you have that Oh it could be???

Thanks once again Regina for all your support xx

SES

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.