I started Lexapro 7 days ago...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I take 2.5mg of Lexapro @ 9 am and 2.5 @ pm.... I have done this for 7 days...I must say it has been wild and a bit crazy.. I've had GAD and Panic Disorder all my life and up until about 6 weeks ago I dealt with it.. But I hit a brick wall.. A dear friend had a stroke and I just couldn't get past it.. The aniexty and panic just would not stop.. I really thought I was going crazy... Literally... As of today I've increased my lexapro to another 2.5 mg. my dr wanted me to do 5mg am and 5mg pm but I'm to afraid of the aniexty and panic... I just can't take any more of it... So I do 2.5 mg. 9-3 and 9... This afternoon I started having this chocking thing in my throat which I have had in the past but this time it lasted 4 hours.. And I know with this the more u think about it the more it progresses and stays around... I just want to know if this is normal and will it ever get better...I have always been fearful of meds...I don't even like going to the dr... It's a Fobia of mine... Hope to hear from someone soon...This Aniexty and Panic Thing Is A Demon I Can Live Without...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey Nickie,

Before anything I wanna say I am not a doctor or anything like that I'm just a patient. I understand where u are coming from. I was given 20 mg of Lex and u can only imagine what I went thru I thought I was totally fd-up and crazy. From what I was told that is all normal side effects thats a good sign because that shows that medication is working and it will help u but some people take few weeks and some take few months to feel normal again. Relax and talk to family or doc, you will be ok. If u want doc might give u xanex or somthing untill u get better .

• Posted

Thank You Pete for your response.. U know aniexty has been such a Big part of my life and I've coped so long with it .. That when it starts to go away.. U want it to go away but when it does go away .. It's like.....idk... It's like loosing part of yourself... I know that sounds crazy but that's how I feel.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.