I started off with one varruca on my foot, which has slo...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I started off with one varruca on my foot, which has slowly spread and now I have about 50 separated on both feets (so don't think if you've got just 1 that it's bad! :roll: ). I've tried: tea tree oil, freezing, bazzuca (a few different kinds) and Formalyde (sp?)soak. And NONE of them worked sad

Does anyone else have multiple varrucas? I would really appreciate advice! smile

[i:efb684cff0]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:efb684cff0]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

You have my sympathy. I also suffer from multiple verrucae on my right foot. Like you started with one and it spread. Cannot even begin to count them - they are in clusters. Had them about 4 or 5 years or so.

At first I ignored them and then they got painful so I tried every over the counter verruca treatment, spent loads on cryotherapy (which was very painful and made them spread!), then I used banana skins, tea tree oil, duct tape, garlic.

No help at all!!

My latest 'treatment' is Germolene New Skin. I've been using it now for about 4 weeks. Read about it on this site and decided to give it a go.

Would love to be able to say it is an instant magic cure but I can't. All I can say is that it's the only thing that actually seems to help. They are less painful and tonight when I peeled off the 'skin' a verruca root was attached to it!!!

What I do: Apply the Germolene New Skin, leave for 2 days (topping it up as & when necessary), peel it off and then wash my feet and rub verrrucae with a pumice stone. Dry, re-apply etc. etc. I've kept this up (it's a bit of a chore but a whole lot less messy than the banana skins & garlic!) and am keeping my fingers crossed that this may be the answer.

Hope this helps and good luck!

[i:88058bbf15]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:88058bbf15]

• Posted

Hi,

You have my sympathies! One guarenteed way of getting rid of verrucas is to get them zapped with radiation. This is radiotherapy — the same treatment as is used for cancer! You can get this treatment privately in the UK, but I'm not sure how much it costs (at least £100). It's 100% safe as only the sole of the foot is irradiated. As far as I know you only need a single treatment as well. I know the Queen Elizabeth hospital in Birmingham offer this service, and I'm sure others do too. You could ask your GP for a referral depending on what he or she is like, or better still, take control and phone your nearest radiotherapy centre direct and ask them if they do this type of treatment.

Good luck.

[i:fe87c9464b]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:fe87c9464b]

• Posted

I too have been trying the Germaline New Skin and I must say it's better than anything else I have tried. I have been going to a Chiropodist for over 2 years now and even he had to admit that it had made a difference to one of the larger ones on my toe. Will keep it up because it seems to be working and offers some relief.
  • Posted

I feel your pain! Have been meaning to share my story for months in order to maybe help others. Have had varrucas on both feet, all over, for years. Used and tried EVERY treatment known to man. Had them burnt off a couple of times but they always came back. In March this year it really became unbearable (sore and uncomfortable). I even had 8 of them on 1 toe. Very sore, especially if it got wet. Then I read somewhere on the internet to try Germoline New Skin. It literally started working overnight, and a few days later they were all gone! Only 2 treatments were necessary. I reckon you need to treat it with the liquid plaster after a bath has softened them. I also had a massive one on the side of my heel which made a gaping hole and got really painful. It required more treatment than the others, but also eventually disappeared. Since then it's like I never had them at all! Wish I took before and after pics... Good luck! Cannot recommend the stuff enough! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.