I still haven't found anything that helps at 29!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

I'm writing this to see if there is anyone out there that suffers with atopic eczema and if there is anything that can help?

I'm a 29 year old guy that has suffered with eczema since I was 2 but as I have got older my condition has got worse. I've been under several doctors who have provided steroid creams and anti hystermines but to this day I still suffer. 

I work and live alone with no pets and I'm careful with the detergent used for my laundry  but still managed to wake up looking like I've been massacred in my own bed. I don't know what to do anymore so if there is anyone out there with atopic eczema who would like to share advice I'd be grateful.

I am unwilling to stay anywhere as I'm likely to scratch all night and bleed everywhere and wake up with a bright red face that takes a few weeks to control.

Thanks guys 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sand1988, some patients with autoimmune diseases also present with skin problems like hives or chronic urticaria.

For more information you can also search the articles:

Autologous Serum Skin Test as a Diagnostic Aid in Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria. You could also try to find more info about the so-called autologous serum skin test.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that I just c find out myself I have stopped the creams and been trying to do it naturally I notice that when am under stress they are still there even of i left the creams but i dont want the creams because i notice they damage your skin I been doing research I been drinking bone broth just started but I do feel a little better I been hearing it's a gut problem I still trying to get answers myself I will keep you posted if I find something I may work my prayers go out to you

• Posted

Hi, I have suffered with eczema all my life and  if you've not already tried  it I recently found  using washing detergent 'Surcare' really relieved the flare ups I was getting especially when washing bedding in it,  as there's nothing in it to irritate the skin might be worth a try x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.